News Shopper readers are invited to the launch of a shop created in tribute to a former Bluewater worker.
Mark Katnoria, of Barham Road, was pulled from waters of Cotton Lake in Crossways Business Park in February last year.
Now his friend is opening a charity outlet in Blackheath to help others like him.
Toni Hale got to know Mark when he was a voluntary inpatient at mental health facility Little Brook Hospital in Bow Arrow Lane and she was an assistant psychologist.
Since his death she has started a charity, the Mental Health Activity Trust, to help people with mental health problems get support back into work.
He had previously worked for John Lewis in Bluewater for six years.
Celebrity guest Danny Baker will help open the store in Delacourt Road on March 29 and Mark’s mum, Pat, will be a guest of honour.
News Shopper readers are invited along to the launch which will feature a rock choir, a big red party bus as well as face painting, balloon making, and refreshments.
Visit mhatrust.webs.com or call 0207 564 3087.
- Grove Park dog which attacked policeman is stabbed to death during attempted drugs raid
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (Nov 29 and 30)
- Phoenix and Wide Horizons Lewisham project bags £50,000 People's Millions prize
- Mystery of Thamesmead beeping noise solved
- Higham private school headteacher did not abuse expenses, report finds