Drivers can expect queues near the Woolwich Ferry roundabout after a spillage of tarmac.
John Wilson Street westbound was closed following the spillage on the roundabout with police directing traffic to turn around.
The roundabout has reopened but there are reported queues eastbound from Kingsman Street.
A Transport for London spokesman says contractors are currently on site and working to clear the mess.
Do you have any pictures of the tarmac spillage? Email them to email@example.com
- UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel STILL closed after major fuel spill
- UPDATE: Nine mile queues at Dartford Crossing due to drivers slowing down to look at lorry crash
- Man left with life-threatening injuries following serious crash on A2 at Bean
- Belvedere boy, 4, dies in mother's arms after losing short battle with cancer
- Beckenham woman speaks out after husband's 'miracle' escape from crash