Drivers can expect queues near the Woolwich Ferry roundabout after a spillage of tarmac.
John Wilson Street westbound was closed following the spillage on the roundabout with police directing traffic to turn around.
The roundabout has reopened but there are reported queues eastbound from Kingsman Street.
A Transport for London spokesman says contractors are currently on site and working to clear the mess.
Do you have any pictures of the tarmac spillage? Email them to email@example.com
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)
- Woolwich man to appear in court after allegedly hitting pedestrian with car outside Dartford nightclub