Drivers can expect queues near the Woolwich Ferry roundabout after a spillage of tarmac.
John Wilson Street westbound was closed following the spillage on the roundabout with police directing traffic to turn around.
The roundabout has reopened but there are reported queues eastbound from Kingsman Street.
A Transport for London spokesman says contractors are currently on site and working to clear the mess.
Do you have any pictures of the tarmac spillage? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate of Welling hate preacher jailed for knocking out schoolboy who was hugging his girlfriend
- 'No one eats alone on Christmas Day': Turkish restaurant offers free meal for lonely and elderly
- Firefighters tackle house fire in Blackheath
- Network Rail reportedly set to lose sole control of British rail infrastructure
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan to spend 'record amount' on London cycling initiatives