Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
St Mary Cray man to run London Marathon for sick daughter
A St Mary Cray man is running the London Marathon for his sick 12-year-old daughter.
John Stokes, 42, of Star Lane, is hoping to raise money for charity VICTA (Visually Impaired Children Taking Action).
His daughter Emily has a genetic condition called Neurofibromatosis, which causes both internal and external tumours.
Emily has a tumour on her optic nerve, impairing her sight
Mr Stokes said: "It is a fabulous charity that does a huge amount to support and enable children who are visually impared.
"It helps them acquire all kinds of life skills that help them as they get older."
The London Marathon is on April 13. Click here to sponsor Mr Stokes.
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.