A St Mary Cray man is running the London Marathon for his sick 12-year-old daughter.
John Stokes, 42, of Star Lane, is hoping to raise money for charity VICTA (Visually Impaired Children Taking Action).
His daughter Emily has a genetic condition called Neurofibromatosis, which causes both internal and external tumours.
Emily has a tumour on her optic nerve, impairing her sight
Mr Stokes said: "It is a fabulous charity that does a huge amount to support and enable children who are visually impared.
"It helps them acquire all kinds of life skills that help them as they get older."
The London Marathon is on April 13. Click here to sponsor Mr Stokes.
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)