Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Children's author Jeremy Strong visits Bexleyheath primary school
Bexleyheath bookworms were treated to a visit from an award-winning children’s author.
Former teacher Jeremy Strong visited Mayplace Primary School in Woodside Road earlier this month to discuss his career and give tips to budding writers.
Youngsters were delighted to get an insider’s view on creating children’s books from the author of kids’ favourites like My Brother’s Famous Bottom and The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour Dog.
Mr Strong took three sessions with different age groups of children ranging from reception up to year six.
School English leader Robyn Coombs said: “It was great to see the inspiration and the excitement in the children.
“They have gone on to write stories in the style of Jeremy Strong.
“The children found him very funny and he says he finds writing for adults a bit boring.”
- Thamesmead in Bloom shows residents at their green-fingered best
- Kitten gets head stuck in Lee garden table
- PICTURED: Crash involving car driven by 'nun' and bus in Bromley High Street
- Pensioner slams 'dangerous' Plumstead sheltered housing
- 4 photos of floods in Beckenham area – taken 136 years apart
Comments are closed on this article.