Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Children's author Jeremy Strong visits Bexleyheath primary school
Bexleyheath bookworms were treated to a visit from an award-winning children’s author.
Former teacher Jeremy Strong visited Mayplace Primary School in Woodside Road earlier this month to discuss his career and give tips to budding writers.
Youngsters were delighted to get an insider’s view on creating children’s books from the author of kids’ favourites like My Brother’s Famous Bottom and The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour Dog.
Mr Strong took three sessions with different age groups of children ranging from reception up to year six.
School English leader Robyn Coombs said: “It was great to see the inspiration and the excitement in the children.
“They have gone on to write stories in the style of Jeremy Strong.
“The children found him very funny and he says he finds writing for adults a bit boring.”
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- Series of incidents in Sevenoaks Way area end in serious assault on 15-year-old boy
- VIDEO UPDATE: Dartford strongman Terry Hollands' Herculean stunt for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson film
- Launch for Charlton community council campaign
- Orpington man: 'Every time there is continuous rainfall I fear my house will flood'
Comments are closed on this article.