Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- Inspection work closes Hythe Road, Dartford
- Woman in hospital after Northfleet crash
- 'She's awesome': Vance Joy talks about touring with Taylor Swift and loving London
- Benefits mum, Cheryl Prudham, gives birth to baby number 12 after leaving Gravesend over 'hate campaign'
- Police test response time to terrorist attacks on London days after Tunisia massacre