Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- Woolwich doctor faked nomination papers to run for Mayor of London
- Machine gun found in Penge
- Claw-rious new home for Greenhithe reptiles
- Asian billionaire brings touch of the oriental to Greenwich
- Unexploded bomb found in Erith