Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted
- Penge lends its name to a play and it stars a Marvel Avengers actress
- Broken down vehicles close A2 Kent-bound
- Location Location Location's Phil Spencer supports Dartford hospice
- Burglar who raided Crystal Palace football stadium, schools and restaurants jailed for two years