Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- Gifted young Bromley musicians win scholarships from London Mayor’s fund
- Demand for free school meals at Bromley school doubles this term
- Former David Beckham football academy in Greenwich to close
- 5 thoughts of the week: Old people's health woes, tattoos harming job prospects and more