Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- PICTURED: Dying friend’s last wish inspires Orpington man to shed 146lbs
- Swanley man who was 'heavily involved in criminal dealings' jailed
- Cat dead in Mottingham after being shot in the neck
- Greenwich Park introduces pay to pee policy at toilets
- PICTURES: Bromley's colourful Diwali celebrations