Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say