Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- WATCH: Shocking video of man hit by driving instructor's car in Woolwich
- No more happy endings after New Cross 'sex cinema' is shut down
- PICTURED: Sidcup road closed both ways due to sinkhole
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- Chart topper Jamie Lawson tells us how a chance meeting with Ed Sheeran in Balham changed his life