Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight