Two men have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage following an incident at Eltham's Stephen Lawrence memorial plaque.
The Metropolitan Police said the incident at the plaque on Well Hall Road happened at around 12:40am yesterday (March 23).
It is believed that a flowerpot containing flowers was broken and that the plaque was spat at.
The men, aged 18 and 19, were taken into custody and have been bailed until May 29.
Officers from Greenwich borough are investigating, police said.
- Police want information after two indecent exposures in the same road in Bexley
- Developers criticised for advertising showing "only white faces"
- 5 Thoughts: The Greeks, the blue fox and flying our flag upside-down
- Sidcup library to close for three weeks for improvement
- Thamesmead woman threatened with 'knife' by hooded man