Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Travel chaos at Dartford Crossing after lorry breakdown and multi-vehicle crash
Travel chaos erupted at the Dartford Crossing on Friday afternoon after a lorry broke down in one of the tunnels and a multi-vehicle crash happened minutes later.
The lorry broke down in the western tunnel just after midday and the toll booths were closed and drivers were held up for ten minutes for the vehicle to be moved.
Just moments later at 12.15pm a five vehicle crash occurred between Junctions 1B and 1A and two lanes of the motorway were closed for 45 minutes by police.
There were no reported injuries and queues on the A2 tailed back to the Bean Interchange with drivers trying to get into Essex.
- 10 of the worst excuses for drivers stopping illegally on hard shoulder of motorways
- PICTURED: Overturned lorry closes three lanes of M25 near Swanley
- Dartford Crossing tunnel reopens 17 hours after four lorry smash
- UPDATE: 13-year-old girl dead after being hit by lorry in Catford
- Roads to hell: 6 south east routes set to be worst summer holiday travel hotspots
Comments are closed on this article.