Travel chaos erupted at the Dartford Crossing on Friday afternoon after a lorry broke down in one of the tunnels and a multi-vehicle crash happened minutes later.
The lorry broke down in the western tunnel just after midday and the toll booths were closed and drivers were held up for ten minutes for the vehicle to be moved.
Just moments later at 12.15pm a five vehicle crash occurred between Junctions 1B and 1A and two lanes of the motorway were closed for 45 minutes by police.
There were no reported injuries and queues on the A2 tailed back to the Bean Interchange with drivers trying to get into Essex.
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train near Grove Park station
- Nevermind the Tube strike - now Southeastern trains through Lewisham are cancelled
- Crofton Park broken down freight train causes Thameslink and Southeastern delays until 1pm
- Southeastern expects disruption again all day after yesterday's derailment
- UPDATE: Train derailment means no Southeastern service ALL DAY from Lewisham to Charlton