Travel chaos erupted at the Dartford Crossing on Friday afternoon after a lorry broke down in one of the tunnels and a multi-vehicle crash happened minutes later.
The lorry broke down in the western tunnel just after midday and the toll booths were closed and drivers were held up for ten minutes for the vehicle to be moved.
Just moments later at 12.15pm a five vehicle crash occurred between Junctions 1B and 1A and two lanes of the motorway were closed for 45 minutes by police.
There were no reported injuries and queues on the A2 tailed back to the Bean Interchange with drivers trying to get into Essex.
- Weekend travellers voice their anger at Southeastern train delays across News Shopper's patch
- Hoax bomber closes London Bridge station and causes rail chaos
- Stat Chat: Is your commute to work getting worse?
- Sneak peak at the 2050 tube map design - featuring Catford, Lewisham and Brockley
- Traffic Update: Delays and possible cancellations on trains between Dartford and London Bridge