Travel chaos erupted at the Dartford Crossing on Friday afternoon after a lorry broke down in one of the tunnels and a multi-vehicle crash happened minutes later.
The lorry broke down in the western tunnel just after midday and the toll booths were closed and drivers were held up for ten minutes for the vehicle to be moved.
Just moments later at 12.15pm a five vehicle crash occurred between Junctions 1B and 1A and two lanes of the motorway were closed for 45 minutes by police.
There were no reported injuries and queues on the A2 tailed back to the Bean Interchange with drivers trying to get into Essex.
- '1 in 6 roads in poor condition' - where are the worst potholes in SE London and north Kent?
- Boris's Balls are better than a bridge - and so are these 4 other Thames crossing ideas
- After more rush-hour chaos, how would you describe London Bridge station?
- All aboard number 2 bus – the start of poo-powered public transport?
- Train passengers could get refunds after just TWO-MINUTE delays