Hot on the heels of 10 weird quirks that give Lewisham its special character comes this top 10 of places and people that “make the borough what it is - a unique and diverse community”.
The list has been compiled by Kathi Hankinson, 49, from Lewisham.
1. The people of Lewisham who worked together to save Lewisham Hospital - makes me proud to live here. The sense of community throughout is shown with local festivals and fayres.
2. Deptford High Street market where creed and colour mix in harmony.
3. The libraries, especially the telephone box library - where else has one?
4. Quirky bars, social spaces and independent restaurants: Little Nan's Bar, The Catford Constitutional Club, The Rivoli Ballroom, The Orchard, Le Querce, Meze Mangal etc
Photo: Little Nan's Bar in Deptford
5. Some great shops and top-class services: Rolls and Rems, Supreme Animal Foods, The White Room, The Turkish Food Centre, The John Hankinson Veterinary Clinic (biased!).
Photo by by weatherpixie via Flickr
6. Lewisham market - where else can you buy that much fruit and veg at those prices?
Photo by Julie70 via Flickr
7. All 45 parks in Lewisham - perhaps more than any other borough?
Photo: Beckenham Place Park woods
8. Incredible arts scene - art, theatre, music, dance etc.
9. Horniman Museum – where the world's natural and cultural diversity can be enjoyed in all its glory, bringing the world to Forest Hill.
10. I like that the rest of London looks down on Lewisham - they just don't know!
This list was submitted as part of our ‘write a top 10 list’ competition. If you have an interesting or funny list, send it to us for the chance to win £50 when the competition ends on March 31.
To enter our list competition fill in your details here and write your own top 10. It can be a top 10 memories of ..., top 10 facts about ..., top 10 reasons for ... – anything you like really, and so much the better if you can put a local spin on it.
Once we receive your list we'll check it over and if it's suitable we'll publish it at newsshopper.co.uk. Out of all the lists received we'll pick our favourite, taking into account page views and shares after it's been published, and the author of the winning list will be sent a £50 cheque.
- Night Tube and 17 other things Londoners would love to change about the Underground
- This brain-busting pizza puzzle will confuse you – and make you hungry
- WATCH: This office is probably doing the Olympics better than yours
- QUIZ: 82 per cent of people don't know what all these road signs mean - do you?
- WATCH: 'Grandma just says the F-word the whole time' - kids reveal funny secrets of car journeys
- IN PICTURES: Furry, fun and funky - meet south-east London and north Kent's cheekiest animals
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- QUIZ: Can you beat the SE London matching game?
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls