Hot on the heels of 10 weird quirks that give Lewisham its special character comes this top 10 of places and people that “make the borough what it is - a unique and diverse community”.
The list has been compiled by Kathi Hankinson, 49, from Lewisham.
1. The people of Lewisham who worked together to save Lewisham Hospital - makes me proud to live here. The sense of community throughout is shown with local festivals and fayres.
2. Deptford High Street market where creed and colour mix in harmony.
3. The libraries, especially the telephone box library - where else has one?
4. Quirky bars, social spaces and independent restaurants: Little Nan's Bar, The Catford Constitutional Club, The Rivoli Ballroom, The Orchard, Le Querce, Meze Mangal etc
Photo: Little Nan's Bar in Deptford
5. Some great shops and top-class services: Rolls and Rems, Supreme Animal Foods, The White Room, The Turkish Food Centre, The John Hankinson Veterinary Clinic (biased!).
Photo by by weatherpixie via Flickr
6. Lewisham market - where else can you buy that much fruit and veg at those prices?
Photo by Julie70 via Flickr
7. All 45 parks in Lewisham - perhaps more than any other borough?
Photo: Beckenham Place Park woods
8. Incredible arts scene - art, theatre, music, dance etc.
9. Horniman Museum – where the world's natural and cultural diversity can be enjoyed in all its glory, bringing the world to Forest Hill.
10. I like that the rest of London looks down on Lewisham - they just don't know!
This list was submitted as part of our ‘write a top 10 list’ competition. If you have an interesting or funny list, send it to us for the chance to win £50 when the competition ends on March 31.
To enter our list competition fill in your details here and write your own top 10. It can be a top 10 memories of ..., top 10 facts about ..., top 10 reasons for ... – anything you like really, and so much the better if you can put a local spin on it.
Once we receive your list we'll check it over and if it's suitable we'll publish it at newsshopper.co.uk. Out of all the lists received we'll pick our favourite, taking into account page views and shares after it's been published, and the author of the winning list will be sent a £50 cheque.
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls
- 'Worst time of my life': Woman who took Tinder date to Turkey and landed in middle of coup hits back
- Tarzan impressions and 11 other activities you won’t believe have been banned
- Tinder date lands man in Turkey amid military coup - and he doesn't like the girl
- Pokemon Go away! 46 past toys and fashions proving today's crazes just aren't as good
- Can you spot the mobile phone in this photo of a rug?
- QUIZ: God save the what now? Test how well you actually know the national anthem
- 11 hilarious but very tenuous reasons to support Wales in Euro 2016
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over