A violent Penge robber who stabbed a man in the leg while stealing his mobile phone has been sentenced to three years in a young offender institution.
Jonathon Gondora, 18, of Melbourne Court, Anerley Road, pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court to robbery and unlawful wounding.
On August 28 Gondora robbed a 17-year-old boy of a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, ring and Gucci belt in Palace Square, Crystal Palace, stabbing him twice in the leg as he did so.
The victim staggered to Crystal Palace train station where he was given first aid and taken to Kings College Hospital.
Officers identified Gondora through witness descriptions and he was arrested on September 3.
Gondora denied the offence but changed his plea prior to a jury being sworn in.
- WEEKEND TRAVEL: Major engineering works close Cannon Street and Abbey Wood
- West Kingsdown wheelchair racer dodges skip lorry to take gold in Manchester half-marathon
- Police's Halloween and Bonfire Night crime crackdown begins with warning to yobs
- UPDATE: Anti-terror police investigating after 'suspicious item' detonated by 'bomb squad' at North Greenwich station
- Lewisham police officer found guilty of Bexley assault