A violent Penge robber who stabbed a man in the leg while stealing his mobile phone has been sentenced to three years in a young offender institution.
Jonathon Gondora, 18, of Melbourne Court, Anerley Road, pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court to robbery and unlawful wounding.
On August 28 Gondora robbed a 17-year-old boy of a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, ring and Gucci belt in Palace Square, Crystal Palace, stabbing him twice in the leg as he did so.
The victim staggered to Crystal Palace train station where he was given first aid and taken to Kings College Hospital.
Officers identified Gondora through witness descriptions and he was arrested on September 3.
Gondora denied the offence but changed his plea prior to a jury being sworn in.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys