A violent Penge robber who stabbed a man in the leg while stealing his mobile phone has been sentenced to three years in a young offender institution.
Jonathon Gondora, 18, of Melbourne Court, Anerley Road, pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court to robbery and unlawful wounding.
On August 28 Gondora robbed a 17-year-old boy of a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, ring and Gucci belt in Palace Square, Crystal Palace, stabbing him twice in the leg as he did so.
The victim staggered to Crystal Palace train station where he was given first aid and taken to Kings College Hospital.
Officers identified Gondora through witness descriptions and he was arrested on September 3.
Gondora denied the offence but changed his plea prior to a jury being sworn in.
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- Former Queen Elizabeth Hospital gynaecologist guilty of series of sex assaults on patients
- Man, 26, arrested over burglary at Gravesend gurdwara
- David Cameron to RESIGN as Britain votes to leave European Union