A violent Penge robber who stabbed a man in the leg while stealing his mobile phone has been sentenced to three years in a young offender institution.
Jonathon Gondora, 18, of Melbourne Court, Anerley Road, pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court to robbery and unlawful wounding.
On August 28 Gondora robbed a 17-year-old boy of a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, ring and Gucci belt in Palace Square, Crystal Palace, stabbing him twice in the leg as he did so.
The victim staggered to Crystal Palace train station where he was given first aid and taken to Kings College Hospital.
Officers identified Gondora through witness descriptions and he was arrested on September 3.
Gondora denied the offence but changed his plea prior to a jury being sworn in.
- Dartford man jailed for throwing corrosive liquid at good Samaritan breaking up fight
- VIDEO: Burglars steal from Erith care home
- Grandmother criticises 'lack of security' at shopping centre after pickpocket snatches precious grandchildren photos
- Plumstead man who admitted one-punch manslaughter of banker cleared of murder
- UPDATE: Delays at Beckenham Junction following electrical failure