A Bromley man hopes to save lives after creating a product that helps people conveniently test their smoke alarms.
The WatchTowerGiraffe is a new concept from inventor Alan Day, of Sandiland Crescent, Bromley.
The giraffe is a handheld probe that allows users to test their smoke alarms every week without having to worry about stepladders or chairs.
Mr Day, 59, said: "It’s been one of my passions making homes safer.
"I’ve always been conscious of how easy it is to protect people - most people think they’re safe, but they’re not."
He described the probe as an item that "has the potential to save lives and a fortune in property damage".
The WatchTowerGiraffe can be purchased by clicking here.
- Woman taken to hospital after Eltham crash
- Men charged over plans to impede police inquiries
- Greenhithe woman part of gang who committed £68,000 Oyster card fraud
- Residents set up 'watch-dog' scheme over big Northfleet plans
- Coach driver who admitted possessing cannabis set to be sentenced