The person killed by a train at Dunton Green railway station yesterday (March 19) has been identified as a man in his 50s from Bromley.
The man was hit by a train at around 3pm.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Officers were called to the line close to Dunton Green rail station, Kent, after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
"Officers from BTP and Kent Police attended the incident, which is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
"Medics from South Coast Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene."
The man's family have been informed.
The incident meant trains could not run between Sevenoaks and Orpington until 7pm yesterday, with buses runing between the stations instead.
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'
- First micropub opens in Gravesend
- Bexley woman appointed as Scouts' first ever youth commissioner