The person killed by a train at Dunton Green railway station yesterday (March 19) has been identified as a man in his 50s from Bromley.
The man was hit by a train at around 3pm.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Officers were called to the line close to Dunton Green rail station, Kent, after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
"Officers from BTP and Kent Police attended the incident, which is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
"Medics from South Coast Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene."
The man's family have been informed.
The incident meant trains could not run between Sevenoaks and Orpington until 7pm yesterday, with buses runing between the stations instead.
- Strictly Come Dancing live tour announced featuring Greenwich shows
- Teenager re-bailed in alleged Abbey Wood hit-and-run death probe
- West Wickham Operatic Society bags seven international awards
- Orpington High Street to close for Cycle Mania fun day
- Stat Chat: Is sense of adventure a sexy quality?