Lewisham rapper Professor Green will appear in court today charged with drink-driving following an incident on the road next to where he lives.
The 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving on November 3.
At around 2.40am police attended reports a man had been robbed in Tyrwhitt Road, Lewisham, where the rapper lives.
When officers arrived, they discovered a Mercedes had been in a crash with a van in adjacent Darling Road and arrested Professor Green, real name Stephen Manderson, on suspicion of drink-driving.
A breath test showed he had 52 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The I Need You Tonight singer was bailed to appear at a south-east London police station on March 11 where he was charged with drink-driving and will appear after 10am today at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- New database to 'name and shame' dodgy landlords
- Concern grows for 'vulnerable' missing 13-year-old
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Teenager almost blew up North Greenwich Tube station with homemade bomb, court hears