New Cross, though a small area in south London, will never let you down - there's always something going on. With its diversity of people, it has almost developed a culture of its own, making for an interesting place to grow up. Here are 11 things you'll learn growing up in SE14.
1. There is an overwhelming student population. Goldsmiths students occupy all of the pubs, bars and cafes spending their money on cheap drinks and breakfast meal deals.
2. It is not the place to be if you want to do some shopping. You will have to get down to Lewisham Centre if you want a somewhat decent shopping experience.
3. Venue offers the cheapest nights out in London, with £1 entry attracting clubbers from all around.
4. Telegraph Hill Park is the place for summer fun – everyone comes out to soak up the long-awaited sun.
5. Every parent wants their child to go to Haberdasher’s Askes Hatcham College. The school’s academy status puts it in high prestige.
6. Teenagers are constantly roaming around on their roller skates. They usually skate around in batches of seven or eight shouting random words.
7. All the chicken shops get overwhelmingly packed with rowdy school kids after 3pm.
8. No one around the Woodpecker Estate uses a lead when walking their dog.
9. Every morning the 53 bus is packed to the point at which it doesn’t let anyone on. If you are lucky to get on, the bus smells of rotten fish anyway.
10. Shifty-looking “homeless” men make appearances outside New Cross Gate station every now and then.
11. The Mexican chicken panini at La Boulangerie in New Cross Gate is the best you will ever taste. At a reasonable £3.50, it will definitely satisfy.
Is there anything we've missed? Tell us about it below.
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls
- 'Worst time of my life': Woman who took Tinder date to Turkey and landed in middle of coup hits back
- Tarzan impressions and 11 other activities you won’t believe have been banned
- Tinder date lands man in Turkey amid military coup - and he doesn't like the girl
- Pokemon Go away! 46 past toys and fashions proving today's crazes just aren't as good
- Can you spot the mobile phone in this photo of a rug?
- QUIZ: God save the what now? Test how well you actually know the national anthem
- 11 hilarious but very tenuous reasons to support Wales in Euro 2016
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over