New Cross, though a small area in south London, will never let you down - there's always something going on. With its diversity of people, it has almost developed a culture of its own, making for an interesting place to grow up. Here are 11 things you'll learn growing up in SE14.
1. There is an overwhelming student population. Goldsmiths students occupy all of the pubs, bars and cafes spending their money on cheap drinks and breakfast meal deals.
2. It is not the place to be if you want to do some shopping. You will have to get down to Lewisham Centre if you want a somewhat decent shopping experience.
3. Venue offers the cheapest nights out in London, with £1 entry attracting clubbers from all around.
4. Telegraph Hill Park is the place for summer fun – everyone comes out to soak up the long-awaited sun.
5. Every parent wants their child to go to Haberdasher’s Askes Hatcham College. The school’s academy status puts it in high prestige.
6. Teenagers are constantly roaming around on their roller skates. They usually skate around in batches of seven or eight shouting random words.
7. All the chicken shops get overwhelmingly packed with rowdy school kids after 3pm.
8. No one around the Woodpecker Estate uses a lead when walking their dog.
9. Every morning the 53 bus is packed to the point at which it doesn’t let anyone on. If you are lucky to get on, the bus smells of rotten fish anyway.
10. Shifty-looking “homeless” men make appearances outside New Cross Gate station every now and then.
11. The Mexican chicken panini at La Boulangerie in New Cross Gate is the best you will ever taste. At a reasonable £3.50, it will definitely satisfy.
Is there anything we've missed? Tell us about it below.
- Bell End and Brown Willy named UK's rudest place names - but does anywhere here make the top 10?
- WATCH: Want a Chewbacca mask like the one in that Facebook video? The Force is not with you ...
- 13 of your favourite places to get a roast dinner in south east London and north Kent
- What's new, pussycat? See the first kitty photos in our Cute Pets contest
- See the 10 dogs through to our Cute Pets final - and send photos for the next CATegory
- Aliens have landed: 15 of the best News Shopper UFO sightings
- 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky date
- QUIZ: Smarter than a 10-year-old? See how many SATs English questions you can answer
- 7 amusing reactions to the Charlton hole that swallowed a car
- GALLERY: Which of these 300-plus dogs should go through to our Cute Pets final?