New Cross, though a small area in south London, will never let you down - there's always something going on. With its diversity of people, it has almost developed a culture of its own, making for an interesting place to grow up. Here are 11 things you'll learn growing up in SE14.
1. There is an overwhelming student population. Goldsmiths students occupy all of the pubs, bars and cafes spending their money on cheap drinks and breakfast meal deals.
2. It is not the place to be if you want to do some shopping. You will have to get down to Lewisham Centre if you want a somewhat decent shopping experience.
3. Venue offers the cheapest nights out in London, with £1 entry attracting clubbers from all around.
4. Telegraph Hill Park is the place for summer fun – everyone comes out to soak up the long-awaited sun.
5. Every parent wants their child to go to Haberdasher’s Askes Hatcham College. The school’s academy status puts it in high prestige.
6. Teenagers are constantly roaming around on their roller skates. They usually skate around in batches of seven or eight shouting random words.
7. All the chicken shops get overwhelmingly packed with rowdy school kids after 3pm.
8. No one around the Woodpecker Estate uses a lead when walking their dog.
9. Every morning the 53 bus is packed to the point at which it doesn’t let anyone on. If you are lucky to get on, the bus smells of rotten fish anyway.
10. Shifty-looking “homeless” men make appearances outside New Cross Gate station every now and then.
11. The Mexican chicken panini at La Boulangerie in New Cross Gate is the best you will ever taste. At a reasonable £3.50, it will definitely satisfy.
Is there anything we've missed? Tell us about it below.
- VIDEO: Is this the best try ever scored in rugby history?
- Nation thinks it rhymes with gone, London thinks it sounds like bone - how should scone be pronounced?
- GALLERY: Your scariest Halloween photos from Hilloween Trumpkins to a zombie doctor
- Men or women? Study reveals who the angriest drivers are
- PICTURES: See inside 'Britain's smallest pub' set to open in Greenwich
- Stormtrooper onboard: Star Wars actor John Boyega steps in as conductor on Southeastern train to Orpington
- RANKED: Which of these top-selling chocolate bars and treats are your favourites?
- This brainteaser will test your bargain-hunting skills: Can you spot the biggest saving?
- Elton John, Matt Damon, Wills and Kate: Our gallery of celebrities spotted in south-east London
- WATCH: You're a fluttering **** ... did he just say that?! Shocked mum hears C-bomb in CBeebies kite song