New Cross, though a small area in south London, will never let you down - there's always something going on. With its diversity of people, it has almost developed a culture of its own, making for an interesting place to grow up. Here are 11 things you'll learn growing up in SE14.
1. There is an overwhelming student population. Goldsmiths students occupy all of the pubs, bars and cafes spending their money on cheap drinks and breakfast meal deals.
2. It is not the place to be if you want to do some shopping. You will have to get down to Lewisham Centre if you want a somewhat decent shopping experience.
3. Venue offers the cheapest nights out in London, with £1 entry attracting clubbers from all around.
4. Telegraph Hill Park is the place for summer fun – everyone comes out to soak up the long-awaited sun.
5. Every parent wants their child to go to Haberdasher’s Askes Hatcham College. The school’s academy status puts it in high prestige.
6. Teenagers are constantly roaming around on their roller skates. They usually skate around in batches of seven or eight shouting random words.
7. All the chicken shops get overwhelmingly packed with rowdy school kids after 3pm.
8. No one around the Woodpecker Estate uses a lead when walking their dog.
9. Every morning the 53 bus is packed to the point at which it doesn’t let anyone on. If you are lucky to get on, the bus smells of rotten fish anyway.
10. Shifty-looking “homeless” men make appearances outside New Cross Gate station every now and then.
11. The Mexican chicken panini at La Boulangerie in New Cross Gate is the best you will ever taste. At a reasonable £3.50, it will definitely satisfy.
Is there anything we've missed? Tell us about it below.
- Night Tube and 17 other things Londoners would love to change about the Underground
- This brain-busting pizza puzzle will confuse you – and make you hungry
- WATCH: This office is probably doing the Olympics better than yours
- QUIZ: 82 per cent of people don't know what all these road signs mean - do you?
- WATCH: 'Grandma just says the F-word the whole time' - kids reveal funny secrets of car journeys
- IN PICTURES: Furry, fun and funky - meet south-east London and north Kent's cheekiest animals
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- QUIZ: Can you beat the SE London matching game?
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls