A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash
- Donors raise £5,500 in TWO DAYS to help Belvedere mum, 28, with cancer make last memories with daughters