A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine