A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train
- New £31m entertainment hub to be built at historic Royal Arsenal site
- Westminster attacker Khalid Masood killed by single bullet to his chest
- Firefighter who attended biggest London Underground disaster in peacetime to retire
- Grass area size of two football pitches on fire in Sidcup