A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- 'Red alert' issued and millions warned to stay at home as London is hit by toxic air from Germany
- Man arrested in Dartford in connection to the murder of Luther Edwards
- Bus driver pleads guilty to driving over the drink-drive limit after crashing into Dartford house
- Gurkha veteran and wife saved from 'rogue landlord' in sub-standard living conditions
- Plan for 532 new homes in Ebbsfleet approved