A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- Fox rescued from Greenwich building site
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- Trespassers close two separate train lines through Meopham, Longfield and Gravesend
- Live news, traffic and weather updates for south-east London and north Kent
- WEATHER: Patchy rain and gusty winds throughout the day