Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Suicide threat man stays on Greenwich roof for four hours
A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- Fire crews tackle blaze on Northfleet industrial estate
- Young girls 'forced to run home' after 'being followed' by men in Brunel Way, Dartford
- Pet of the Day: Chloe loves to spread joy
- BMW falls off tow truck and hits line of parked cars in Welling
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
Comments are closed on this article.