A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead
- Both Sidcup Leisure Centre swimming pools expected to be closed for six days after flooding
- PICTURED: Geordie Shore beauty Holly Hagan meets fans in Bexleyheath as she celebrates 3st super slim down
- UPDATE: Man killed by train near Dartford station
- Air ambulance lands in Abbey Wood after teenager stabbed