A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Police appeal for witnesses after fatal hit-and-run en route to West Wickham
- Ofsted deputy director tasked with improving Bexley's children's services
- Fireworks and Halloween: What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent