A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- WARNING: Roads in Mottingham closed due to burst water main
- Crash near Darenth Interchange brings traffic on M25 to grinding halt
- Brockley mum 'increasingly frail and desperate' in Iranian prison
- Govia Thameslink rail workers to ballot for industrial action over ticket office closure dispute
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent