Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Suicide threat man stays on Greenwich roof for four hours
A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Keston boxing champion David Haye presents the weather - for dogs
- Eltham man stabbed Sidcup brother Sean Hayes to death after sibling's funeral
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
Comments are closed on this article.