A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- 8,000 sign petition for lifeguards at beach where five young south-east London men died
- Weather report: Sunglasses this morning for a very bright start
- Trespasser at Beckenham Junction train station removed from railway lines
- TRAVEL WARNING: Traffic building in Eltham as drivers face queues at the Dartford Crossing
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent