A man has been sectioned after threatening to throw himself from the roof of a Greenwich high-rise development - staying up there for four hours.
The man was spotted on the roof of a block at Restell Close in Maze Hill at around 4pm yesterday (March 17), threatening to jump.
Police arrived and tried to talk him down, but the man stayed up on the roof for a full four hours.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "He was talked down from the roof at just before 8pm by a police negotiator and sectioned under the Mental Health Act."
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- Police helicopter used in search of Bluewater area for person 'carrying a gun'