Bluewater is celebrating its 15th birthday having welcomed six times the UK’s population into its stores over that time.
The Greenhithe-based shopping centre has also launched 50 new brands in its lifetime and provided employment for around 40,000 people.
More than 375 million shoppers have visited the store during its lifetime.
On Monday morning (MARCH 17) there was a special breakfast for all those who worked there since the beginning.
On March 28 the Learning Shop Awards will reward the people and companies who have shone at Bluewater. Dartford MP Gareth Johnson and Council Leader Jeremy Kite will be on hand to help with celebrations.
The centre’s general manager Robert Goodman said: "Fifteen years is a tremendous milestone and Bluewater has achieved a great deal since opening.
"Key to our success have been the people that work here and the wider community.
"Our celebrations, therefore, are both a recognition of their vital contribution to our success and an opportunity to look ahead to Bluewater’s next chapter."
Shoppers have also been enjoying discounts, designed to celebrate the milestone.
For more information, visit bluewater.co.uk
- Stat Chat: Prude v nude - what's the naked truth about our attitudes to bare skin?
- Cute and playful Molly is Pet of the Day
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'