There is a total £100,000 funding up for grabs for projects to spark regeneration in south Lewisham.
Residents and organisations are invited to dream up creative projects which will help tenants at Phoenix Community Housing’s 6,300 homes in Downham, Bellingham and Whitefoot wards.
The Community Chest scheme aims to give tenants a direct say on projects in their area and groups can apply for funding of up to around £1,500 each.
This is the second wave of funding which last year saw successful projects such as a new allotment clubhouse, holiday schemes for young people and support for carers.
Phoenix Community Housing chief executive Jim Ripley said: "We received a fantastic response to the first round of our Community Chest, with lots of bids and more than 400 people at our first voting event.
"We hope the second round will be even more successful and help us in our efforts to create a better future for the south Lewisham area.
"This scheme is all about handing over control to the experts – the residents who live in our properties and the organisations that work in our community.
"They’re the ones who know the kind of projects that will have the biggest impact in their neighbourhood and to people’s lives."
The deadline for applications is April 23. To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0800 0285700 or 0844 2642844 and ask for the community links project team, or visit phoenixch.org.uk
- Teenager and woman arrested after man stabbed in Erith
- Dangerous Eltham driver on his phone crashes into 3 vehicles while trying to escape from the police
- Parents launch last-ditch attempt to save 2-year-old daughter after latest supposed victory against cancer fails
- Pensioner jailed for sexual abuse at Anerley children's home
- Southern drivers suspend strikes ahead of new talks