GRAVESEND’S teenage X Factor starlet Tamera Foster has signed a major label record deal.
The former North West Kent college student, 17, is the newest and youngest star to be added to the roster of show supremo Simon Cowell’s label, Syco.
Tamera said: “I am so excited about being given this opportunity.
“I'm having an amazing time on tour but even more now, because I know straight after I can get into the studio and start to work on some new music for everyone who supports me.
“I'm very very lucky to have this chance as my first ever job and I've got so much to look forward to this year, exciting times ahead!"
The singer, who honed her vocals at Elim Pentecostal Church in All Saints’ Road, is currently on the X Factor live tour but will get working with Cowell’s team when it concludes.
Managing director of Syco Music, Sonny Takhar said: “We are thrilled that Tamera has chosen Syco Music as her label home. She is a bonafide star.”
- Rare Elvis Presley gold suit to arrive at Greenwich exhibition under armed guard
- OnBlackheath festival gets magic stage headlined by Dynamo
- McBusted caption competition: your funniest, silliest and most outrageous entries
- PICTURED: Madness go one step beyond to mow Blackheath ahead of festival
- Cheryl Baker gives her views on Eurovision, falling out and reuniting with Bucks Fizz bandmates