Bromley’s favourite singer Pixie Lott returned to where it all began at the weekend to sign records, meet fans and even dish up lunch.
Pixie visited Chislehurst’s Italia Conti at Coopers School, Hawkwood Lane, on Saturday morning following the release of her new single, ‘Nasty’.
The pop star, who grew up in Petts Wood and Bickley, attended the academy from the age of six until 11 before going up to the main branch in London.
But she continued at Chislehurst on Saturdays until the age of 16 and the principal, Cliff Vote, said it was a pleasure to welcome her back to meet the current crop of talent.
He said: “It was brilliant – really nice. Pixie was wonderful and the kids were absolutely delighted.
“She started her classes with us and came and it was lovely to see her back with some past peers and her old teachers.
“She met all the children and posed for photos – she even served behind the canteen. Everyone wanted to be served by Pixie.”
Mr Vote, 65, said the kids were able to bag signed copies of the chart-topper’s new release and managed to have photographs taken with her.
It was the second time in a week Pixie journeyed down to the area, having on Tuesday performed a surprise concert at Ravens Wood School in West Wickham to help promote charity CRY.
- UPDATE: Warning after mystery white powder 'poisons' Greenwich dogs
- Bromley schoolboy died after he was punched in the face unprovoked, court hears
- Ukip choose culture spokesman as candidate for Eltham election
- Northumberland Heath shops take on meningitis with fundraising week
- Shirtless man in two-hour police stand-off outside Lewisham Hospital