UPDATE: Men arrested after mobile phones stolen from Orpington school are found in Peckham shop (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Men arrested after mobile phones stolen from Orpington school are found in Peckham shop
Two men have been arrested after a number of mobile phones, stolen from the changing rooms of an Orpington school, were found in a Peckham shop.
On March 4, the phones were stolen after schoolboys left their belongings in the changing rooms of St Olave's School, Goddington Lane, during a rugby sevens tournament.
One of the victims tracked his phone to Rye Lane in Peckham.
Another victim went to Rye Lane and saw both his phone and those of other victims in the display cabinet of a shop.
On March 13 at 4.20pm, officers from Bromley police's youth policing team and Mottingham safer neighbourhood team executed a search warrant at a commercial premises in Rye Lane.
A large quantity of mobile phones shown as blocked or stolen were recovered, including a number stolen from the school.
Other phones recovered have been linked to burglaries and robberies across London.
An investigation is ongoing.
Two men, aged 18 and 40, were arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Both have been bailed until April 24.
- Pet of the Day: In memory of Casey, this might bring a tear to your eye
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
Comments are closed on this article.