Is there anything in modern life more infuriating than being disturbed at home by a cold-caller on the phone who is trying to flog double-glazing or find a victim to complete a tedious lifestyle survey?
Actually, there is one thing which is just slightly more annoying than this – and that’s those maddening pre-recorded messages which come through on mobiles, usually through ‘unknown’ or withheld numbers, advertising PPI or personal injury claim services.
How often are you plagued by unwanted calls to your landline or mobile? Do you answer calls when you’re not sure who’s calling or do you ignore them and try to find out who was ringing afterwards?
Have you ever employed revenge tactics to fight back against the scourge of cold-callers, such as engaging them in inane conversation to keep them tied up for as long as possible? What are your tips either for simply stopping unsolicited calls or getting your own back on nuisance companies?
Add your comments below.
Our Burning Questions feature aims to settle some of life’s perennial arguments and answer some of its little mysteries with readers’ collective knowledge.
We’d love your suggestions for arguments and questions you’d like us to cover. What are the things that make you go hmmm? Add your comments below or email us
- VIDEO: Donna 'Train' loves rail travel - but do you love or loathe it?
- 'Ketchup should be kept in cupboard' - do you agree with Boris?
- How kitchens have gone hi-tech: Which gadget could you not live without?
- More than half of London workers have nodded off - do you ever sleep on the job?
- What’s your favourite fish and chip shop in south-east London and north Kent?