A salesman has been convicted of stealing thousands of pounds from a car dealership in Bromley.
Daniel Jones, 33, of Clacton-on-Sea, pleaded guilty to two counts of theft at Croydon Crown Court on February 24.
In March last year Jones, while working as a sales assistant at WJ Kings in Bromley, sold a car and kept the £12,098 payment before disappearing.
Jones also admitted a similar offence against the AE Wilson dealership in Romford where he took a Ford Focus valued at around £500.
He was sentenced to 16 months in prison, suspended for two years, and is required to undertake a rehabilitation programme for 12 months.
The court also heard how Jones has used aliases Daniel James and Robert Hutchinson in the past and has previously been convicted for 12 fraud and theft offences.
- VIDEO: Joyrider on run from police hits Blackfen house 'like a bomb'
- Green chain events to get Bexley people walking this Autumn
- 13 per cent of Gravesham's tots have tooth decay - how do your kids' teeth compare?
- England football manager Roy Hodgson to open new Biggin Hill 3G pitch
- Welling army officer - who has toured Afghanistan, Iraq and Northern Ireland - is awarded MBE