A salesman has been convicted of stealing thousands of pounds from a car dealership in Bromley.
Daniel Jones, 33, of Clacton-on-Sea, pleaded guilty to two counts of theft at Croydon Crown Court on February 24.
In March last year Jones, while working as a sales assistant at WJ Kings in Bromley, sold a car and kept the £12,098 payment before disappearing.
Jones also admitted a similar offence against the AE Wilson dealership in Romford where he took a Ford Focus valued at around £500.
He was sentenced to 16 months in prison, suspended for two years, and is required to undertake a rehabilitation programme for 12 months.
The court also heard how Jones has used aliases Daniel James and Robert Hutchinson in the past and has previously been convicted for 12 fraud and theft offences.
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'
- First micropub opens in Gravesend
- Bexley woman appointed as Scouts' first ever youth commissioner