A new food bank has opened in Swanley to help people who are struggling to survive.
After many months of planning and preparation the service opened at Citizens Advice Bureau in Swanley High Street on March 11.
It is supported by the Trussell Trust, a charity which aims to empower communities to combat poverty and exclusion.
Food bank chairman Adam Price said: "We spent some time looking for a suitable premises and are grateful to Sevenoaks District Council who found space in the existing CAB premises.”
"It is about enabling people to live their lives as fully as possible.
"The usage of food banks have doubled in recent years and this means they can get by on a day-to-day basis."
For more information, visit swanleydistrict.foodbank.org.uk or call 07798 872 573.
- Custody for 'bedroom jihadist' who groomed youth with learning difficulties to carry out Lee Rigby copycat killing
- West Wickham buzzing after wasp invasion
- What's on this weekend: days out and shows in south east London and north Kent on May 30 and 31
- Chislehurst mum and son ordered to repay £2.8m mortgage fraud or face more jail time
- More than £5,000 worth of jewellery stolen in two Eltham burglaries