Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Food bank opens in Swanley High Street
A new food bank has opened in Swanley to help people who are struggling to survive.
After many months of planning and preparation the service opened at Citizens Advice Bureau in Swanley High Street on March 11.
It is supported by the Trussell Trust, a charity which aims to empower communities to combat poverty and exclusion.
Food bank chairman Adam Price said: "We spent some time looking for a suitable premises and are grateful to Sevenoaks District Council who found space in the existing CAB premises.”
"It is about enabling people to live their lives as fully as possible.
"The usage of food banks have doubled in recent years and this means they can get by on a day-to-day basis."
For more information, visit swanleydistrict.foodbank.org.uk or call 07798 872 573.
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.