A new food bank has opened in Swanley to help people who are struggling to survive.
After many months of planning and preparation the service opened at Citizens Advice Bureau in Swanley High Street on March 11.
It is supported by the Trussell Trust, a charity which aims to empower communities to combat poverty and exclusion.
Food bank chairman Adam Price said: "We spent some time looking for a suitable premises and are grateful to Sevenoaks District Council who found space in the existing CAB premises.”
"It is about enabling people to live their lives as fully as possible.
"The usage of food banks have doubled in recent years and this means they can get by on a day-to-day basis."
For more information, visit swanleydistrict.foodbank.org.uk or call 07798 872 573.
- Video shows 'migrants being helped off lorry on M25 in Dartford'
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Still taking its toll: Queen Elizabeth II Bridge at Dartford Crossing is a quarter of a century old
- 9 facts about the M25 as Britain's biggest car park and the road to hell turns 30
- Greenhithe police officer died during 'dangerous sex game', man accused of murdering him tells court