A new food bank has opened in Swanley to help people who are struggling to survive.
After many months of planning and preparation the service opened at Citizens Advice Bureau in Swanley High Street on March 11.
It is supported by the Trussell Trust, a charity which aims to empower communities to combat poverty and exclusion.
Food bank chairman Adam Price said: "We spent some time looking for a suitable premises and are grateful to Sevenoaks District Council who found space in the existing CAB premises.”
"It is about enabling people to live their lives as fully as possible.
"The usage of food banks have doubled in recent years and this means they can get by on a day-to-day basis."
For more information, visit swanleydistrict.foodbank.org.uk or call 07798 872 573.
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- 'Somewhere to go off the street corners': Petition against demolition of Grove Park youth club
- REVEALED: How to get FIFA 17 first in Bexley
- Lord Sugar's Apprentice line-up includes 5 Londoners, a 'Tasmanian Devil' and 'pocket rocket'
- VIDEO: Firefighters called after car bursts into flames on A2 in Eltham