A new food bank has opened in Swanley to help people who are struggling to survive.
After many months of planning and preparation the service opened at Citizens Advice Bureau in Swanley High Street on March 11.
It is supported by the Trussell Trust, a charity which aims to empower communities to combat poverty and exclusion.
Food bank chairman Adam Price said: "We spent some time looking for a suitable premises and are grateful to Sevenoaks District Council who found space in the existing CAB premises.”
"It is about enabling people to live their lives as fully as possible.
"The usage of food banks have doubled in recent years and this means they can get by on a day-to-day basis."
For more information, visit swanleydistrict.foodbank.org.uk or call 07798 872 573.
- Crayford fish and chips among best in country
- UPDATE: Travellers evicted after takeover of Catford prefab estate
- 8 things you need to know about your General Election candidates: Greenwich & Woolwich
- X Factor runner up Ray Quinn is coming to Gravesend
- Woolwich man 'stabbed in car' just yards from London Marathon route