Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham rapper Professor Green charged with drink-driving
Lewisham rapper Professor Green has been charged with drink-driving following an incident on the road where he lives.
The 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and later rearrested for allegedly perverting the course of justice in November.
It came after police attended reports a man had been robbed in Tyrwhitt Road, Lewisham, at around 2.40am on November 3.
When officers arrived at the scene they discovered a Mercedes had been in a crash with a van and arrested the rapper on suspicion of drink-driving.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The I Need You Tonight singer, whose real name is Stephen Manderson, was bailed to appear yesterday at a south east London police station and was subsequently charged with drink-driving.
The Crown Prosecution Service decided not to pursue allegations he had perverted the course of justice.
A Met spokesman said: "Stephen Manderson, aged 30, of Tyrwhitt Road, has been charged with drink-driving following an incident on November 3 in Tyrwhitt Road.
"He will appear on bail at Bromley Magistrates' Court on March 20."
- Dartford Crossing delays with tailbacks stretching 10 miles, reportedly as far as Orpington
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- PICTURES: Parts of Beckenham flooded after torrential downfall
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Gas leak causes traffic chaos around the Blackwall Tunnel