A lorry driver was rushed to hospital following a two lorry crash which closed a slip road onto the M20 at the Swanley Interchange.
Both lanes were blocked on the clockwise fast slip of the M25 onto the coastbound M20 following the incident at around 5.40am yesterday.
A 41-year-old man in charge of one of the lorries was rushed to King's College Hospital by road ambulance following the smash, which badly damaged the cab of his vehicle.
He was suffering from abdomen and lower leg injuries initially thought to be serious but which have since been classed as minor.
A Kent Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit was on the scene until 11.45am dealing with the recovery mission.
Traffic was able to join the M20 coastbound from the M25 roundabout at Junction 3 but congestion was heavy back to Junction 2.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538.
See our traffic feed for updates.
- 'The people of Bromley are fantastic': Boxing legend Kellie Maloney opens up about life as a woman
- Health alert as temperatures soar to heatwave highs of 33C in SE London and north Kent
- Greenwich lion dance celebrates Dragon Boat Festival
- 'For once I felt like I could be myself' - Dartford boy beats the bullies
- UPDATE: Burst water main part-floods West Wickham road and leaves homes without water