A lorry driver was rushed to hospital following a two lorry crash which closed a slip road onto the M20 at the Swanley Interchange.
Both lanes were blocked on the clockwise fast slip of the M25 onto the coastbound M20 following the incident at around 5.40am yesterday.
A 41-year-old man in charge of one of the lorries was rushed to King's College Hospital by road ambulance following the smash, which badly damaged the cab of his vehicle.
He was suffering from abdomen and lower leg injuries initially thought to be serious but which have since been classed as minor.
A Kent Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit was on the scene until 11.45am dealing with the recovery mission.
Traffic was able to join the M20 coastbound from the M25 roundabout at Junction 3 but congestion was heavy back to Junction 2.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538.
See our traffic feed for updates.
- UPDATE: Anti-terror police investigating after 'suspicious item' detonated by 'bomb squad' at North Greenwich station
- Lewisham police officer found guilty of Bexley assault
- Buses on diversion after Chislehurst crash
- Belmarsh prison officer jailed for taking money to tip off reporter loses appeal
- Greenhithe police officer’s body dumped in acid bath by Breaking Bad-obsessed sado-masochist, court hears