There are so many things that you realise you have to do, or that you are not capable of doing, once you've flown the nest.
Having your own living space and that long-sought-after freedom suddenly isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Speaking from personal experience, here are 10 reasons why you will find that staying with your folks is almost certainly the better option.
1. You are forced to make seemingly 'grown-up' decisions like which energy company to opt for or which broadband company to go with.
2. You have no clue who to call if your toilet blocks or if the roof starts to leak.
3. Nobody will iron your clothes for you.
4. You will find things like detergent and kitchen towel are ridiculously expensive, but will almost always have a deal on when you've walked to the supermarket and can't carry it back.
5. You will realise how annoyingly often you have to buy milk and bread.
6. Changing a duvet cover is your Everest.
Pic by Kai Hendry via Flickr
7. Things like getting your hair cut become a luxury as finding enough money to buy food to stay alive is your priority.
8. You will almost never remember to put the recycling out and end up with weeks worth of paper littered across your neighbour's lawn as a result of high winds or pesky foxes.
Pic by neil-farnworth via Flickr
9. You will suddenly think it's an amazing idea to get a kitten. It isn't. It will drain your finances, demand your attention, destroy your furniture and inevitably wreck your relationship as you continuously argue over how best to look after it.
10. You will miss your mum and dad.
This list was compiled by Christine Martin, 25, from Bromley.
It was submitted as part of our ‘write a top 10 list’ competition. If you have an interesting or funny list, send it to us for the chance to win £50 when the competition ends on March 31.
To enter our list competition fill in your details here and write your own top 10. It can be a top 10 memories of ..., top 10 facts about ..., top 10 reasons for ... – anything you like really, and so much the better if you can put a local spin on it.
Once we receive your list we'll check it over and if it's suitable we'll publish it at newsshopper.co.uk. Out of all the lists received we'll pick our favourite, taking into account page views and shares after it's been published, and the author of the winning list will be sent a £50 cheque.
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Ofsted deputy director tasked with improving Bexley's children's services
- Fireworks and Halloween: What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent
- Dartford man's brain swelling discovered during routine eye test in Bluewater