Stunning pictures of Gravesend Pier have been shared on Twitter revealing the impact of the extreme weather.
They were taken by staff at the Port of London Authority, based in Royal Pier Road.
One picture shows an incredibly high tide at Gravesend Pier while another shows the sun breaking through grey clouds in a nearby spot.
The organisation covers 95 miles of the Thames and aims to keep people safe, protect the environment and promote the use of the river for trade and travel.
A spokesman said: "“High tides and changeable weather conditions have resulted in some stunning skies and backdrops over the river in the last week.
"The Thames is home to the UK’s second biggest port, with operations co-ordinated from the PLA’s Port Control Centre in Gravesend.”
For more information, visit pla.co.uk
- Boy, 16, killed after being hit by Abbey Wood bus
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Police appeal for witnesses after fatal hit-and-run en route to West Wickham
- Ofsted deputy director tasked with improving Bexley's children's services