Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Three women arrested over Abbey Wood stabbing
Three women have been arrested after a stabbed man burst into an Abbey Wood newsagent claiming to have been knifed and begging the shopkeeper to call an ambulance.
According to witnesses the man, looked "looked like he'd been in a fight", when he stumbled into the shop at around 7.30am on Saturday (March 8).
He then sat outside the parade of shops and waited for emergency services to arrive.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said they sent a single responder in a car and one ambulance to the scene.
She said: "Our staff treated a man, reported to be in his 20s, for stab wounds.
"He was taken as a priority to hospital."
The man's injuries are not thought to be life-changing.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said three women were subsequently arrested on suspicion of GBH and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
- GCSE results day: All the news and pictures
- No proper disabled access for eight months at Empire Cinema in Bromley
- Four taken to hospital after Blackwall Tunnel crash
- Onlookers amazed by 'the sandman' in Woolwich
- Greenwich war veteran's emotional visit to Singapore memorial
Comments are closed on this article.