It could well be bath time in West Wickham as a quackers individual has let dozens of rubber ducks loose on a flooded rugby pitch.
Sparrows Den playing fields on Addington Road have been submerged since last month’s heavy rain and an unknown character has put a humorous spin on the newly-formed lake.
It is thought the plastic birds moved in at the start of the weekend, with a large mummy duck taking care of an estimated 100 chicks.
Damian Cassidy, 34, whose girlfriend used to work in the area, stopped his morning cycle ride to photograph the scene today (March 10).
He said: “I think it’s a nice touch – it’s nice someone’s seen the lighter side. They can’t be playing much rugby at the moment.”
While an 81-year-old resident from nearby Woodland Way, who asked not to be named, said the ducks added a “rural” charm but was still concerned about the flooding.
He said: “It’s nice to see them swimming around – they add some character to the lake.”
But added: “I’ve lived here over 80 years and I’ve never seen anything like it. I hope it drains away.”
Do you know who’s behind the ducks? Email email@example.com
- JAILED: TV actor and 'dangerous sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Lewisham boy denies attacking police dog who was repeatedly stabbed while chasing suspect
- Sadomasochist accused of murdering Greenhithe PC thought he was 'getting away with it' by disposing of body
- Eltham teacher becomes star of TV ad campaign