Swimmers can take the plunge with a Swimathon at Woolwich’s Waterfront Leisure Centre.
The feat will take place in more than 600 pools across the UK between March 21 to 23 in aid of Sport Relief.
There are 1.5k, 2.5k or 5k individual distances and team challenges for the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon which is backed by Paralympic gold medallist Ellie Simmonds.
She said: “I’m really keen on making swimming accessible for everyone and there is a challenge to suit all levels of expertise at the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon.
“I’d encourage people to take the plunge and make every length count by being sponsored to take on a challenge and do their bit for Sport Relief!”
Waterfront Leisure Centre general manager Sam Wright added: “The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon is a fantastic way to bring our community together, while providing ample opportunity to get fit and healthy in the pool.
“Greenwich residents can take the plunge themselves, along with family and friends to complete a swimming challenge of their choice, be it 200m or 5k, all while raising funds for those in need.”
To sign up visit swimathon.org
- Coach of Bexley boys' football team 'beaten up on touchline by rival player's dad'
- Petts Wood Football Club needs votes for chance to win share of £100k community prize
- Faulty temporary traffic lights cause 'long delays'
- Britain's largest warship HMS Ocean coming to Greenwich
- Five vehicle crash on A2 in Northfleet