Swimmers can take the plunge with a Swimathon at Woolwich’s Waterfront Leisure Centre.
The feat will take place in more than 600 pools across the UK between March 21 to 23 in aid of Sport Relief.
There are 1.5k, 2.5k or 5k individual distances and team challenges for the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon which is backed by Paralympic gold medallist Ellie Simmonds.
She said: “I’m really keen on making swimming accessible for everyone and there is a challenge to suit all levels of expertise at the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon.
“I’d encourage people to take the plunge and make every length count by being sponsored to take on a challenge and do their bit for Sport Relief!”
Waterfront Leisure Centre general manager Sam Wright added: “The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon is a fantastic way to bring our community together, while providing ample opportunity to get fit and healthy in the pool.
“Greenwich residents can take the plunge themselves, along with family and friends to complete a swimming challenge of their choice, be it 200m or 5k, all while raising funds for those in need.”
To sign up visit swimathon.org
- VIDEO: Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- 'Hugely proud' Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar celebrates Petts Wood's Indian Essence's Bib Gourmand
- George Verrier fundraiser in Welling attended by Capital Radio DJ Dave Berry
- Police find drugs hidden in man’s underpants after stopping his car in Pratts Bottom
- Gravesend arts centre coffee morning raises £200 to fight cancer