The Bexley Mayor had a hoot of a time unveiling an owl centre in Hall Place and Gardens.
Councillor Sharon Massey visited the newly refurbished Jambs Owls and spent more than an hour getting acquainted with the animals.
She held the birds and explored the aviaries in Bourne Road, Welling, which are themed according to the owls’ natural habitats.
Handler Alfred Smith, who helped organise the visit, said: "It went really well, the mayor enjoyed herself.
"We’ve had tourists visit from places like Australia, America and Germany.
"We also carry out educational visits to schools offering talks throughout the borough."
The centre aims to give people hands-on experience of the animals while explaining how they survive in the wild, their nutrition and nocturnal habits.
For more information, visit Hall Place on Facebook.
- Woman taken to hospital after Eltham crash
- Men charged over plans to impede police inquiries
- Greenhithe woman part of gang who committed £68,000 Oyster card fraud
- Residents set up 'watch-dog' scheme over big Northfleet plans
- Coach driver who admitted possessing cannabis set to be sentenced