Andy Williams sung about Christmas being the most wonderful time of the year, but I don’t think he was right.
For me, spring is the best time of year. That spell around mid to late March and into April when winter’s finally gone, the sun has reappeared, flowers have started blooming and evenings have started getting lighter – that’s when I look forward to the most.
The March/April period also includes Easter which provides a few days off work without the huge hassle and expense that Christmas brings.
Christmas might make my top five best times of the year but certainly wouldn’t be number one.
What month or season is your favourite? Is there a specific time of year you really look forward to?
Add your comments below.
- VIDEO: Donna 'Train' loves rail travel - but do you love or loathe it?
- 'Ketchup should be kept in cupboard' - do you agree with Boris?
- How kitchens have gone hi-tech: Which gadget could you not live without?
- More than half of London workers have nodded off - do you ever sleep on the job?
- What’s your favourite fish and chip shop in south-east London and north Kent?