EASTER eggs are great, but didn’t make a resolution all that time ago to be healthy?
Health and fitness professional Benjamin Campbell, from Bexley’s Four Seasons Boot Camp has an ingenious recipe for a simple, healthier gluten-free chocolate concotion so you can enjoy Easter (in moderation) without having to hide away.
1 scoop chocolate whey
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp of baking powder
4 dates finely chopped
1 egg and 1 egg white
15g of grated 85 per cent dark chocolate
1 tsp maple syrup
Mix all ingredients until thoroughly blended and pour batter into a microwavable mug. Cook on high for 30 seconds. Tip cake onto a plate.
Serve with Greek Natural Yogurt.
And, of course, go out and get some exercise.
- 27 of the best breakfasts in south east London and north Kent - as recommended by you
- Bexley Beer Festival to celebrate 10th birthday in May
- Tell us your favourite places to get breakfast in south east London and north Kent
- Bromley Court Hotel heats up for Caribbean night
- Want to do well at work? Here's the food YOU should be eating based on your job