EASTER eggs are great, but didn’t make a resolution all that time ago to be healthy?
Health and fitness professional Benjamin Campbell, from Bexley’s Four Seasons Boot Camp has an ingenious recipe for a simple, healthier gluten-free chocolate concotion so you can enjoy Easter (in moderation) without having to hide away.
1 scoop chocolate whey
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp of baking powder
4 dates finely chopped
1 egg and 1 egg white
15g of grated 85 per cent dark chocolate
1 tsp maple syrup
Mix all ingredients until thoroughly blended and pour batter into a microwavable mug. Cook on high for 30 seconds. Tip cake onto a plate.
Serve with Greek Natural Yogurt.
And, of course, go out and get some exercise.
- VIDEO: Great British Bake Off bingate chef’s alternative Christmas Cake
- Restaurant spreading the love by offering free meals on Christmas Day
- JLS star JB Gill goes from pop to turkey farming in Biggin Hill - and even One Direction are fans
- PICTURED: Inside Eltham’s first micro pub, The Long Pond
- Stat Chat: 6 signs that tell if you are a foodie