AN ACCLAIMED children’s author is coming to Petts Wood today (March 6) to celebrate World Book Day.
Beverley Birch, who has written the likes of Rift and Spring Days on the Farm, is set to visit the library on Frankswood Avenue for an event this afternoon.
The writer is behind many retellings of classic reads as well as picture books, novels and biographies and will be making a guest appearance to read to youngsters at 4pm.
She said: "Most writers wouldn’t be writers without libraries – it’s where most of us experienced the full power and magic of story, getting our young hands on book after book that our parents could never afford to buy for us.
"On World Book Day, my first choice is always to talk to young readers".
Bromley Council is inviting children aged seven-up to come along and take part in the literary afternoon. Tickets are £1 and available at the library.
- New mobile game Snatch lets players win real prizes by 'stealing' from others
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Lung cancer breakthrough: New test could spot if you've got disease five years earlier than scans
- Investigation launched into sexual abuse at London football clubs
- Commuters facing more transport misery after Southern owners lose High Court battle