AN ACCLAIMED children’s author is coming to Petts Wood today (March 6) to celebrate World Book Day.
Beverley Birch, who has written the likes of Rift and Spring Days on the Farm, is set to visit the library on Frankswood Avenue for an event this afternoon.
The writer is behind many retellings of classic reads as well as picture books, novels and biographies and will be making a guest appearance to read to youngsters at 4pm.
She said: "Most writers wouldn’t be writers without libraries – it’s where most of us experienced the full power and magic of story, getting our young hands on book after book that our parents could never afford to buy for us.
"On World Book Day, my first choice is always to talk to young readers".
Bromley Council is inviting children aged seven-up to come along and take part in the literary afternoon. Tickets are £1 and available at the library.
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat
- INQUEST: Albanian Belmarsh inmate's cell was 'covered in faeces and urine'
- Can you help? Female jogger sexually assaulted during mid-week morning run in Thamesmead
- 28-year-old man shot in Greenwich