UPDATE: Daniel Atkins allegedly murdered 71-year-old Ronald Parsons two days after release from hospital (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Daniel Atkins allegedly murdered 71-year-old Ronald Parsons two days after release from hospital
The psychiatric patient accused of murdering 71-year-old Ronald Parsons in Bromley was discharged from hospital just two days before the killing, it has emerged.
Atkins, 30, of Laurel Court, Cambridge Road, was released into the community by Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust last Friday (February 28).
Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court on Sunday (March 2).
The cause of death has not been determined.
Oxleas had dealt with Atkins for a number of years.
A mention hearing was held at the Old Bailey on Tuesday (March 4), although Atkins did not appear.
A case management hearing will take place at the Old Bailey on May 22.
Did you know Ronald Parsons? Call 01689 885 711 or e-mail your tributes.
- Police find man's body in South Darenth seige
- Police appeal as Penge boy goes missing for almost a week
- Dartford sprinter Adam Gemili sets sights on Jamaicans after Commonwealth silver
- Southfleet couple reveal horrifying injuries from baseball attack
- Pet of the Day: Mooch the cat who likes walkies and travelling