The psychiatric patient accused of murdering 71-year-old Ronald Parsons in Bromley was discharged from hospital just two days before the killing, it has emerged.
Atkins, 30, of Laurel Court, Cambridge Road, was released into the community by Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust last Friday (February 28).
Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court on Sunday (March 2).
The cause of death has not been determined.
Oxleas had dealt with Atkins for a number of years.
A mention hearing was held at the Old Bailey on Tuesday (March 4), although Atkins did not appear.
A case management hearing will take place at the Old Bailey on May 22.
Did you know Ronald Parsons? Call 01689 885 711 or e-mail your tributes.
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire