The psychiatric patient accused of murdering 71-year-old Ronald Parsons in Bromley was discharged from hospital just two days before the killing, it has emerged.
Atkins, 30, of Laurel Court, Cambridge Road, was released into the community by Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust last Friday (February 28).
Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court on Sunday (March 2).
The cause of death has not been determined.
Oxleas had dealt with Atkins for a number of years.
A mention hearing was held at the Old Bailey on Tuesday (March 4), although Atkins did not appear.
A case management hearing will take place at the Old Bailey on May 22.
Did you know Ronald Parsons? Call 01689 885 711 or e-mail your tributes.
- UPDATE: Welling school evacuated after bomb threat
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- 28-year-old man shot in Greenwich
- 'We have paid such a high price': Mum welcomes blanket ban on legal highs which killed son, 20, in Gravesend
- Barnehurst woman warns people of 'brutal' lithium drug which led to long-term partner's death