The children of Southborough Primary School received a visit from acclaimed author and illustrator Alexis Deacon yesterday (March 4).
Mr Deacon spent the day with over four hundred thrilled youngsters, overseeing workshops and carrying out book signing sessions.
His visit coincided with the Southborough Lane school's book week and opening of their new library, home to hundreds of brand new books.
Teacher Joanna Quinn said: "The whole day was a terrific success - the children had a fantastic time and there was such a buzz around the school.
"Alexis Deacon was fantastic with the children, they were hanging on his every word.
"They have all been exposed to and love his work."
- VIDEO: 'Thoughtless' Gravesend pranksters fake kidnapping for YouTube hit
- PICTURED: Crash in Bexley leaves car on roof
- Family organise fun run in memory of Aiden, 13
- Tea duelling and umbrella fencing happening at Steampunk event in Abbey Wood
- Eltham man's quirky walking tours named London's best