The children of Southborough Primary School received a visit from acclaimed author and illustrator Alexis Deacon yesterday (March 4).
Mr Deacon spent the day with over four hundred thrilled youngsters, overseeing workshops and carrying out book signing sessions.
His visit coincided with the Southborough Lane school's book week and opening of their new library, home to hundreds of brand new books.
Teacher Joanna Quinn said: "The whole day was a terrific success - the children had a fantastic time and there was such a buzz around the school.
"Alexis Deacon was fantastic with the children, they were hanging on his every word.
"They have all been exposed to and love his work."
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- False funding claim revealed in New Bermondsey sports development
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?