The children of Southborough Primary School received a visit from acclaimed author and illustrator Alexis Deacon yesterday (March 4).
Mr Deacon spent the day with over four hundred thrilled youngsters, overseeing workshops and carrying out book signing sessions.
His visit coincided with the Southborough Lane school's book week and opening of their new library, home to hundreds of brand new books.
Teacher Joanna Quinn said: "The whole day was a terrific success - the children had a fantastic time and there was such a buzz around the school.
"Alexis Deacon was fantastic with the children, they were hanging on his every word.
"They have all been exposed to and love his work."
- VIDEO: Funny or plain stupid? Gravesend prankster, Daniel Jarvis, attempts to give police officers parking fines
- Sex, spying and secrets: Women are more likely to cheat with a neighbour
- Crash blocks London Road, Forest Hill
- Pubspy reviews Shortlands Tavern, Shortlands
- UPDATE: Car 'dragged all the way down' Sidcup road by bus