The public can to attend a free lecture by News Shopper editor Andy Parkes at Bromley College next Wednesday (March 12).
Mr Parkes, a journalist for 26 years and group managing editor for 15 south London newspapers and 11 websites, edits London's oldest free newspaper, News Shopper, and will share his experiences of the good, bad and ugly sides of the newspaper world.
He will also talk about the changing world of journalism in relation to press regulation, the growth of the internet and social media.
The lecture, to be held at the college's Bromley campus in Rookery Lane, is one of Bromley College's Landmark Lecture series.
It will last around hour and will be followed by a question and answer session with the audience.
Previous Landmark Lectures include prestigious speakers such as Judge Howard Riddle, the Senior District Judge of England and Wales and Chris French, Professor of Psychology at Goldsmiths University of London.
Call 020 8295 7007 or click here to book a place.
- 'Nonce' football referee jailed for sex offences against teenage boys
- Palace away fans voted fourth most vocal in the Premier League
- Top Millwall and Charlton players make Christmas hospital visits
- Charing Cross signal problem causes Southeastern delays until at least 6pm
- Bexleyheath veteran awarded Russian medal after a 30 year campaign