Sunny weekend weather is on the way to south east

News Shopper: Sunny weather is on the way to south east Sunny weather is on the way to south east

Weather weary Britons could bask in temperatures of up to 17C (62.6F) as a wave of high pressure sends the mercury rising this weekend.

Much of southern England can expect to enjoy temperatures in the mid-teens on Saturday and Sunday, weeks after heavy downpours and gale-force winds flooded communities and brought the transport network to its knees.

The dry spell - and likely accolade of Sunday being the warmest day of the year to date - will no doubt come as welcome relief to those still dealing with the aftermath of flood-damaged homes.

John Lee, forecaster with MeteoGroup, said: "The weather will be getting much better into the weekend.

"The south of England will be somewhat drier than we've had recently, with a wave of high pressure.

"It means we're looking at a forecast of up to 17C in London on Sunday. Even other parts of the south could see 15C and 16C this weekend."

The warm weather will not reach all parts of the country, however - with pockets of north west England still expecting showery downpours this weekend.

But Mr Lee said those areas which remain dry can expect a few days in the sunshine.

He said: "There is a strong feeling that the high pressure will remain - it's looking promising."

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:11pm Wed 5 Mar 14

HearTheFacts says...

Yes it must be global warming!.
Better start recycling to return to climate change!
Yes it must be global warming!. Better start recycling to return to climate change! HearTheFacts
  • Score: 40

5:18pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Dr. Nick says...

HearTheFacts wrote:
Yes it must be global warming!.
Better start recycling to return to climate change!
You idiot. For one so interested in facts, you get so many of them wrong, lol
[quote][p][bold]HearTheFacts[/bold] wrote: Yes it must be global warming!. Better start recycling to return to climate change![/p][/quote]You idiot. For one so interested in facts, you get so many of them wrong, lol Dr. Nick
  • Score: -42

7:43pm Wed 5 Mar 14

HearTheFacts says...

Dr. Nick wrote:
HearTheFacts wrote:
Yes it must be global warming!.
Better start recycling to return to climate change!
You idiot. For one so interested in facts, you get so many of them wrong, lol
So Dr Nick, what are the facts?. Then ever the issue of Global Warming/ Climate Change is debated. When asked for the evidence or facts, the answer is ' more research is needed '.

More to the point is many people are ripped off, buying recycled products at inflated prices!. Are they recycled, how much is recycled. Also the process of how it was recycled, how much harm was done to the environment. Because sometimes the processes of recycling can do more harm to the environment.

I could go on, but its unlikely you would understand. Yes I am interested in facts, shame you cannot provide the facts. Because there are no facts . The being green culture is a fashion, in someways an expensive one! . Both to the individual and the environment, if done wrong.

Yes I understand more about the issue, shame you don't!.
[quote][p][bold]Dr. Nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]HearTheFacts[/bold] wrote: Yes it must be global warming!. Better start recycling to return to climate change![/p][/quote]You idiot. For one so interested in facts, you get so many of them wrong, lol[/p][/quote]So Dr Nick, what are the facts?. Then ever the issue of Global Warming/ Climate Change is debated. When asked for the evidence or facts, the answer is ' more research is needed '. More to the point is many people are ripped off, buying recycled products at inflated prices!. Are they recycled, how much is recycled. Also the process of how it was recycled, how much harm was done to the environment. Because sometimes the processes of recycling can do more harm to the environment. I could go on, but its unlikely you would understand. Yes I am interested in facts, shame you cannot provide the facts. Because there are no facts . The being green culture is a fashion, in someways an expensive one! . Both to the individual and the environment, if done wrong. Yes I understand more about the issue, shame you don't!. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 45

8:14pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Dr. Nick says...

HearTheFacts wrote:
Dr. Nick wrote:
HearTheFacts wrote:
Yes it must be global warming!.
Better start recycling to return to climate change!
You idiot. For one so interested in facts, you get so many of them wrong, lol
So Dr Nick, what are the facts?. Then ever the issue of Global Warming/ Climate Change is debated. When asked for the evidence or facts, the answer is ' more research is needed '.

More to the point is many people are ripped off, buying recycled products at inflated prices!. Are they recycled, how much is recycled. Also the process of how it was recycled, how much harm was done to the environment. Because sometimes the processes of recycling can do more harm to the environment.

I could go on, but its unlikely you would understand. Yes I am interested in facts, shame you cannot provide the facts. Because there are no facts . The being green culture is a fashion, in someways an expensive one! . Both to the individual and the environment, if done wrong.

Yes I understand more about the issue, shame you don't!.
'HearTheFacts' should really read 'HereWeGoAgain'

Your most fundamental mistake and the one that proves you are talking gibberish is the one of Climate Chance vs Global Warming... as I said before, they are the same thing. The term Global Warming was a badly coined one I grant you as it can give the ill-educated a false idea.

Global Warming is where the planetary temperature rises enough (very very slightly) enough to cause the polar caps to thaw/melt, this in turn not only raises global sea levels but also adds more H20 into the climate system; water which was previously 'stored' in the polar caps. This increased volume of water in the climate system effects 'Climate Change'; meaning that not only weather systems contain more moisture but there is a greater disparity between low and high pressure areas in the system. This in turn has caused the Gulf Stream to shift off it's previous course and hence all the rain we have been having of late. Equally, due to this increased disparity between low and high pressure areas, as the sun nears the Equator this moisture becomes super heated causing both tropical storms and periods of intense drought. Not difficult to understand and you don't need so-called 'facts' from the Daily Mail to prove it.

It is basic Geography 101 or were you truanting those classes. I guess you think teachers are all part of the conspiracy as well.

So, Facts, Facts, Facts.... go read some Geography 101 textbooks before trying to convince yourself you understand the subject. Until then ... *yawn*
[quote][p][bold]HearTheFacts[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr. Nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]HearTheFacts[/bold] wrote: Yes it must be global warming!. Better start recycling to return to climate change![/p][/quote]You idiot. For one so interested in facts, you get so many of them wrong, lol[/p][/quote]So Dr Nick, what are the facts?. Then ever the issue of Global Warming/ Climate Change is debated. When asked for the evidence or facts, the answer is ' more research is needed '. More to the point is many people are ripped off, buying recycled products at inflated prices!. Are they recycled, how much is recycled. Also the process of how it was recycled, how much harm was done to the environment. Because sometimes the processes of recycling can do more harm to the environment. I could go on, but its unlikely you would understand. Yes I am interested in facts, shame you cannot provide the facts. Because there are no facts . The being green culture is a fashion, in someways an expensive one! . Both to the individual and the environment, if done wrong. Yes I understand more about the issue, shame you don't!.[/p][/quote]'HearTheFacts' should really read 'HereWeGoAgain' Your most fundamental mistake and the one that proves you are talking gibberish is the one of Climate Chance vs Global Warming... as I said before, they are the same thing. The term Global Warming was a badly coined one I grant you as it can give the ill-educated a false idea. Global Warming is where the planetary temperature rises enough (very very slightly) enough to cause the polar caps to thaw/melt, this in turn not only raises global sea levels but also adds more H20 into the climate system; water which was previously 'stored' in the polar caps. This increased volume of water in the climate system effects 'Climate Change'; meaning that not only weather systems contain more moisture but there is a greater disparity between low and high pressure areas in the system. This in turn has caused the Gulf Stream to shift off it's previous course and hence all the rain we have been having of late. Equally, due to this increased disparity between low and high pressure areas, as the sun nears the Equator this moisture becomes super heated causing both tropical storms and periods of intense drought. Not difficult to understand and you don't need so-called 'facts' from the Daily Mail to prove it. It is basic Geography 101 or were you truanting those classes. I guess you think teachers are all part of the conspiracy as well. So, Facts, Facts, Facts.... go read some Geography 101 textbooks before trying to convince yourself you understand the subject. Until then ... *yawn* Dr. Nick
  • Score: -31

10:32pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Dr. Nick says...

I note the lack of response and subsequent vote manipulations. Enough said.
I note the lack of response and subsequent vote manipulations. Enough said. Dr. Nick
  • Score: -19

10:30am Fri 7 Mar 14

HearTheFacts says...

Dr. Nick wrote:
I note the lack of response and subsequent vote manipulations. Enough said.
Well I left it for you to do some reading. You should not believe all you read!.

Did you see the film Al Gore made about climate change?. What a load of rubbish that was!. To which he made loads of money from. That's what its about, tell a load of nonsense, someone will buy it!.

The facts are not there, yes stating that the climate is changing. But why is unknown, could recycling be a factor causing it?. You should read up on the chemicals used in some recycling processes. Also what happens to these chemicals after they have been used. Here you will read fact!.
[quote][p][bold]Dr. Nick[/bold] wrote: I note the lack of response and subsequent vote manipulations. Enough said.[/p][/quote]Well I left it for you to do some reading. You should not believe all you read!. Did you see the film Al Gore made about climate change?. What a load of rubbish that was!. To which he made loads of money from. That's what its about, tell a load of nonsense, someone will buy it!. The facts are not there, yes stating that the climate is changing. But why is unknown, could recycling be a factor causing it?. You should read up on the chemicals used in some recycling processes. Also what happens to these chemicals after they have been used. Here you will read fact!. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 28

11:51am Fri 7 Mar 14

Dr. Nick says...

HearTheFacts wrote:
Dr. Nick wrote:
I note the lack of response and subsequent vote manipulations. Enough said.
Well I left it for you to do some reading. You should not believe all you read!.

Did you see the film Al Gore made about climate change?. What a load of rubbish that was!. To which he made loads of money from. That's what its about, tell a load of nonsense, someone will buy it!.

The facts are not there, yes stating that the climate is changing. But why is unknown, could recycling be a factor causing it?. You should read up on the chemicals used in some recycling processes. Also what happens to these chemicals after they have been used. Here you will read fact!.
I hear the Earth is still flat where you live - this must give you a good feeling inside... meanwhile in the real world...
[quote][p][bold]HearTheFacts[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr. Nick[/bold] wrote: I note the lack of response and subsequent vote manipulations. Enough said.[/p][/quote]Well I left it for you to do some reading. You should not believe all you read!. Did you see the film Al Gore made about climate change?. What a load of rubbish that was!. To which he made loads of money from. That's what its about, tell a load of nonsense, someone will buy it!. The facts are not there, yes stating that the climate is changing. But why is unknown, could recycling be a factor causing it?. You should read up on the chemicals used in some recycling processes. Also what happens to these chemicals after they have been used. Here you will read fact!.[/p][/quote]I hear the Earth is still flat where you live - this must give you a good feeling inside... meanwhile in the real world... Dr. Nick
  • Score: -34

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree