A cancer trust has received its highest ever single donation from Chislehurst Golf Club.
The Chartwell Cancer Trust, which provides financial support to the Chartwell cancer and leukaemia unit in the Princess Royal University Hospital, was handed a cheque for £30,000.
Captains of Chislehurst Golf Club Peter Skinner and Susie Matthews presented Michael Douglas, trustee of the Chartwell Cancer Trust, with the cheque at a lunch in Chislehurst Lane last Thursday.
The sum was the result of fundraising by the club and its members in 2013, including a charity golf day followed by dinner and auction.
Michael Douglas said: "To date, this is the largest single donation the Trust has ever received.
"We are all most grateful for the support from the Captains and the efforts they have made throughout the year."
For more information on the Chartwell Cancer Trust, click here.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine