A cancer trust has received its highest ever single donation from Chislehurst Golf Club.
The Chartwell Cancer Trust, which provides financial support to the Chartwell cancer and leukaemia unit in the Princess Royal University Hospital, was handed a cheque for £30,000.
Captains of Chislehurst Golf Club Peter Skinner and Susie Matthews presented Michael Douglas, trustee of the Chartwell Cancer Trust, with the cheque at a lunch in Chislehurst Lane last Thursday.
The sum was the result of fundraising by the club and its members in 2013, including a charity golf day followed by dinner and auction.
Michael Douglas said: "To date, this is the largest single donation the Trust has ever received.
"We are all most grateful for the support from the Captains and the efforts they have made throughout the year."
For more information on the Chartwell Cancer Trust, click here.
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham