Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Cancer trust receives highest ever donation from Chislehurst Golf Club
A cancer trust has received its highest ever single donation from Chislehurst Golf Club.
The Chartwell Cancer Trust, which provides financial support to the Chartwell cancer and leukaemia unit in the Princess Royal University Hospital, was handed a cheque for £30,000.
Captains of Chislehurst Golf Club Peter Skinner and Susie Matthews presented Michael Douglas, trustee of the Chartwell Cancer Trust, with the cheque at a lunch in Chislehurst Lane last Thursday.
The sum was the result of fundraising by the club and its members in 2013, including a charity golf day followed by dinner and auction.
Michael Douglas said: "To date, this is the largest single donation the Trust has ever received.
"We are all most grateful for the support from the Captains and the efforts they have made throughout the year."
For more information on the Chartwell Cancer Trust, click here.
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- 'Peculiar and hectic' show The Boy Who Climbed Out of His Face to open new Greenwich venue
- PICTURED: Dartford Festival delights thousands of people
- PICTURED: Refurbished grand Greenwich pub The Mitre reopens
- Gravesend woman Jane Dale's death was caused by hanging
Comments are closed on this article.