Twenty-five firefighters tackled a blaze in a shop and new homes in Plumstead in the early hours of this morning (March 4).
London Fire Brigade was called to Conduit Road at 4.04am and the fire was brought under control around four hours later.
The flames destroyed the ground floor of the shop and damaged around half of the first floor with four people evacuated from an adjacent property. No one was hurt.
Four fire engines went to the scene from East Greenwich and Plumstead fire stations, along with a fire rescue unit from New Cross fire station. The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
Crescent Road is closed due to the fire with diversions affecting bus routes 51, 53 and 386.
- Headteacher 'sacked for bringing sex offender Stuart Kerner to school'
- 'You are going to do something you regret': Girlfriend's words to boyfriend before he 'ordered revenge attack' on Ben Fasina
- 5 Thoughts for the weekend, from a man's perspective
- Investigation launched after woman dragged under West Wickham train leaving her with 'life changing' injuries
- Motorcyclist 'thrown 15 metres into the air' in St Mary Cray crash