Twenty-five firefighters tackled a blaze in a shop and new homes in Plumstead in the early hours of this morning (March 4).
London Fire Brigade was called to Conduit Road at 4.04am and the fire was brought under control around four hours later.
The flames destroyed the ground floor of the shop and damaged around half of the first floor with four people evacuated from an adjacent property. No one was hurt.
Four fire engines went to the scene from East Greenwich and Plumstead fire stations, along with a fire rescue unit from New Cross fire station. The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
Crescent Road is closed due to the fire with diversions affecting bus routes 51, 53 and 386.
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Ofsted deputy director tasked with improving Bexley's children's services
- Fireworks and Halloween: What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent
- Dartford man's brain swelling discovered during routine eye test in Bluewater