Twenty-five firefighters tackled a blaze in a shop and new homes in Plumstead in the early hours of this morning (March 4).
London Fire Brigade was called to Conduit Road at 4.04am and the fire was brought under control around four hours later.
The flames destroyed the ground floor of the shop and damaged around half of the first floor with four people evacuated from an adjacent property. No one was hurt.
Four fire engines went to the scene from East Greenwich and Plumstead fire stations, along with a fire rescue unit from New Cross fire station. The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
Crescent Road is closed due to the fire with diversions affecting bus routes 51, 53 and 386.
- Mottingham pensioner told gift card halved in value - and she had to pay extra
- 'He touched all our hearts': Tributes paid to man killed by train near Dartford station
- Man and two teens arrested - and crossbow seized - in Welling drugs and weapons raid
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended