Twenty-five firefighters tackled a blaze in a shop and new homes in Plumstead in the early hours of this morning (March 4).
London Fire Brigade was called to Conduit Road at 4.04am and the fire was brought under control around four hours later.
The flames destroyed the ground floor of the shop and damaged around half of the first floor with four people evacuated from an adjacent property. No one was hurt.
Four fire engines went to the scene from East Greenwich and Plumstead fire stations, along with a fire rescue unit from New Cross fire station. The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
Crescent Road is closed due to the fire with diversions affecting bus routes 51, 53 and 386.
- Eltham man jailed for life for murder of homeless man with sawn-off shotgun
- Bromley X Factor star performs homecoming gig ahead of final
- Would-be robber demands woman's car keys and pushes her in the face at Beckenham cinema
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs