Twenty-five firefighters tackled a blaze in a shop and new homes in Plumstead in the early hours of this morning (March 4).
London Fire Brigade was called to Conduit Road at 4.04am and the fire was brought under control around four hours later.
The flames destroyed the ground floor of the shop and damaged around half of the first floor with four people evacuated from an adjacent property. No one was hurt.
Four fire engines went to the scene from East Greenwich and Plumstead fire stations, along with a fire rescue unit from New Cross fire station. The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
Crescent Road is closed due to the fire with diversions affecting bus routes 51, 53 and 386.
- Woman taken to hospital after Eltham crash
- Men charged over plans to impede police inquiries
- Greenhithe woman part of gang who committed £68,000 Oyster card fraud
- Residents set up 'watch-dog' scheme over big Northfleet plans
- Coach driver who admitted possessing cannabis set to be sentenced