A collision between two cars and a double-decker bus in Blackfen caused injuries to two passengers.
A silver Peugeot was left with its bonnet hanging off by the lights in the middle of the junction with Westwood Lane.
A 48-year-old woman was taken to a south London hospital suffering lower back pain and has since been discharged. A second passenger, a 38-year old woman, was treated at the scene for abdominal pain.
Kathryn Bruce, 26, was on her way to the shops with children Rhys, 7, and Phoebe, 5, when the family came across the aftermath of the crash at around 2.10pm on Thursday.
The mother-of-two, who lives in Blackfen Road, said: “You just don’t feel quite safe because people do drive around here like loonies.
“It’s awful for driving at that junction with those lights.
“I’m surprised there aren’t more accidents there to be honest.”
The crash happened just a day after a three-car rush hour smash caused Blackfen Road to be closed in both directions.
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- UPDATE: Boyfriend admits killing EastEnders actress Sian Blake and two children in Erith
- Appeal to find owners of sunken treasure found by police divers in Plumstead
- Meet the elderly woman responsible for those stunning carvings in Barnehurst woods
- Two men knifed in separate stabbings across Lewisham