The Thames Barrier is to close today (MARCH 4) again between around 12.45pm and 4.30pm to prevent flooding.
It was closed yesterday and at various other times over the last few days.
The wettest winter on record has seen lots of flooding throughout the UK with many parts of the News Shopper patch affected.
This morning sees 130 flood alerts in place with 23 warnings and two severe flood warnings.
Advice and guidance about flooding is available on the Environment Agency website and from Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
For the latest info follow the Environment Agency on Twitter @EnvAgencySE.
Check out pictures of dramatic weather across the News Shopper areas here.
Watch this time-lapse video of the barrier closing captured by blogger Michael Snasdell.
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- Former Queen Elizabeth Hospital gynaecologist guilty of series of sex assaults on patients
- Man, 26, arrested over burglary at Gravesend gurdwara
- David Cameron to RESIGN as Britain votes to leave European Union
- Heavy traffic at Blackwall Tunnel due to TWO broken down vehicles