Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Thames Barrier set to close today
The Thames Barrier is to close today (MARCH 4) again between around 12.45pm and 4.30pm to prevent flooding.
It was closed yesterday and at various other times over the last few days.
The wettest winter on record has seen lots of flooding throughout the UK with many parts of the News Shopper patch affected.
This morning sees 130 flood alerts in place with 23 warnings and two severe flood warnings.
Advice and guidance about flooding is available on the Environment Agency website and from Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
For the latest info follow the Environment Agency on Twitter @EnvAgencySE.
Check out pictures of dramatic weather across the News Shopper areas here.
Watch this time-lapse video of the barrier closing captured by blogger Michael Snasdell.
- Orpington man guilty of importing millions of pounds worth of cocaine into UK
- PICTURED: Armed police in South Darenth after reports of a stabbing
- VIDEO: See how Thamesmead looked like utopia when it was new in 1969
- 92-year-old woman who slipped over near Bromley Sainsbury's thanks people who came to her aid
- Former Gravesend curry restaurant owners prosecuted over mice infestation
Comments are closed on this article.