Four young male suspects from Grove Park, Sydenham, Woolwich and Gravesend have been released on police bail after being arrested in connection with a hit-and-run incident.
A motorcyclist has been left with serious leg injuries following the incident in Margate on Thursday evening.
Kent Police were called at about 6.35pm to a report of a suspicious vehicle and a patrol located the white Ford Focus on St Peter’s Road and indicated for it to stop.
But the car continued a short distance into College Road before colliding with a motorcyclist and then a brick wall.
The motorcyclist had to be hospitalised while one man was arrested near the vehicle and three others ran from the scene.
Officers carried out a detailed search of the area and arrested three men.
A 16-year-old boy from Gravesend, a 20-year-old man from Sydenham, a 19-year-old man from Grove Park and an 18-year-old man from Woolwich have all been bailed until July 2.
A 37-year-old man from Margate who was arrested on Friday has been bailed until the same date, while a 39-year-old man from the seaside town has been released on bail until April 28.
Detective Sergeant Kath Way of Kent Police said: “After failing to stop for police, the Focus attempted to overtake other vehicles before colliding with a motorcyclist, two other vehicles and then a brick wall in College Road.
“I would like to appeal to any member of the public who has not yet come forward to tell us about what they witnessed, to contact us as soon as possible.”
If anyone has any information or witnessed the collision, call DS Way on 01622 798538 quoting reference CAD 27-1385.
Alternatively, contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths