A Great Britain wheelchair tennis star surprised shoppers with a special visit to Crayford on Saturday.
Marc McCarroll represented his country at the 2012 Paralympic Games and was on hand at the Sainsbury’s superstore to drum up support for a new Sport Relief event.
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games take place from March 21 to 23 with participants encouraged to run, swim or cycle one mile to raise money for charity.
The British number 2 was also promoting a swimathon over the same two days at Fairfield Pool in Dartford.
Marc has achieved his highest ever world ranking of 12 this month and played in his first ever grand slam event at Wimbledon last year.
He said: "I’m delighted to help back Sainsbury’s fundraising campaign and help their customers get set for Sport Relief weekend.
"This could be through purchasing the latest Sport Relief merchandise, signing up to the Sport Relief Games mile or both.
"I hope everyone has fun getting sporty for Sport Relief and helping to make a difference".
Sign-up by visiting sportrelief.com/event-info/enter-now
- UPDATE: Man charged in connection with burglary at Gravesend gurdwara
- Bromley man with cannula stuck in his arm missing from Croydon hospital
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Sidcup A-road closed both ways after road subsides
- TRAVEL WARNING: Road closed after tree collapses in Orpington