Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Thieves raid lead from Chislehurst church roof in the early hours
A Chislehurst church had its lead stripped and stolen from its roof last night.
A local resident, who didn’t want to be named, said thieves were seen at around 3am taking the material from the Church of the Annunciation.
He said the suspects were witnessed parking on Alexandra Road, close to the holy building, in the early hours and are alleged to have come back for more after the first raid.
Bromley Police have reported today, February 28, officers are investigating but no arrests have been made so far.
A spokesman said: “Police in Bromley are investigating the theft of lead from the roof of the Church of Annunciation in High Street, Chislehurst, BR7.
“The theft occurred overnight between 27 and 28 February.”
The vicar at the church, Reverend Paul Farthing, said he's "wearied" by the thefts and said it's not the first time he's experienced it.
He said: "Where I was before it happened three times. This time they managed to get several sheets."
Rev Farthing added he's waiting to find out the cost of repairs.
- News Shopper funding helps build Eltham children's playground
- PICTURES: Staff at Biggin Hill farm have sleepover with animals
- Armed police swoop in New Cross after gunshots heard
- Twelve Plumstead children treated after carbon monoxide leak
- 5 thoughts of the week: Mobile phone rudeness, mobility scooter madness and more
Comments are closed on this article.