A Chislehurst church had its lead stripped and stolen from its roof last night.
A local resident, who didn’t want to be named, said thieves were seen at around 3am taking the material from the Church of the Annunciation.
He said the suspects were witnessed parking on Alexandra Road, close to the holy building, in the early hours and are alleged to have come back for more after the first raid.
Bromley Police have reported today, February 28, officers are investigating but no arrests have been made so far.
A spokesman said: “Police in Bromley are investigating the theft of lead from the roof of the Church of Annunciation in High Street, Chislehurst, BR7.
“The theft occurred overnight between 27 and 28 February.”
The vicar at the church, Reverend Paul Farthing, said he's "wearied" by the thefts and said it's not the first time he's experienced it.
He said: "Where I was before it happened three times. This time they managed to get several sheets."
Rev Farthing added he's waiting to find out the cost of repairs.
- 'Nonce' football referee jailed for sex offences against teenage boys
- Palace away fans voted fourth most vocal in the Premier League
- Top Millwall and Charlton players make Christmas hospital visits
- Charing Cross signal problem causes Southeastern delays until at least 6pm
- Bexleyheath veteran awarded Russian medal after a 30 year campaign