Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Erith travellers leave behind tonnes of rubbish on Church Manorway site
A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- New Bromley Borough Commander set to take over this month
- West Wickham man jailed for string of burglaries across Bromley borough
- Man charged with taking jewellery worth £12,435 from two north Kent jewellers
- Sweet little lies parents tell kids: 18 classic fibs mums and dads try to get away with
- Is spring the most wonderful time of the year or do you have a different favourite?