A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight