A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine