A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- JAILED: 'Remorseless' Boxing Day killer knifed neighbour to death in Mottingham
- UPDATE: Traffic misery after broken down lorry blocks Dartford Tunnel and crash closes slipway near Darenth Interchange
- WARNING: Roads in Mottingham closed due to burst water main
- WATCH: Can you spot the crime? Video shows devious bank machine scam sweeping UK
- Mottingham dog owner warns others after beloved chihuahua 'killed by fox'