A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- Welling's Kate Bush hailed after first live performance for 35 years
- Foreign cigarettes ruled as cause of fatal Plumstead inferno
- UPDATE: Elderly woman with dementia missing from Penge
- Dartford mayor takes on ice-bucket challenge
- Wealthy Keston man who defrauded government department and Bromley Council out of nearly £70k escapes jail