A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- School strike action looms as Lewisham Council proceeds with Sedgehill academy plan
- Emaciated pet rabbit dumped and left to die in Swanley alleyway
- Secret shopper, Einstein or digital magpie - what kind of Christmas Shopper are you?
- Man dies in house fire in Orpington
- Greenwich man charged with rape of girl in Thamesmead