A GROUP of travellers who pulled up on private land next to the Tesco.com centre in Erith left the area strewn with rubbish since they left.
The fourteen caravans first of all appeared on Church Manorway last week and were told by the police and Bexley Council to move.
The caravans then moved across the road into privately owned land next to the distribution centre's carpark.
A man who didn't want to be named said: "They have left the land covered in rubbish and it looks horrible. They have now gone."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "This is privately owned land.
"The landowner responsible for the security of this land will also be responsible for clearing the rubbish.
"We would clear the site for a fee should the landowner wish us to do so."
- Sidcup man 'with the biggest heart' killed by train near Dartford station named as Leon Coulthard
- Murder probe launched as young man dies 5 days after stabbing in Lewisham
- Catford schoolchildren create tribute to tragic asthma death girl
- 'Robbery' at Welling garage
- Diarrhoea parasite found in north Kent