LOCAL action groups and residents fighting to preserve the nation’s greenbelt are set to meet at Biggin Hill next week.
The Green Party’s baroness Jenny Jones has agreed to talk at the event, where she’s set to voice her concerns about developments in areas some feel should be left alone.
The London Assembly member’s due to cover controversial subjects such as fracking, government planning framework, and the London Plan.
Representatives from residents associations, Friends of the Earth, Aperfield Green Belt Action Group and the Green Belt Protection Alliance, among others, are also going to get involved.
The meeting’s planned for Wednesday March 5 at 6pm, at the Squash Club on Jail Lane and organisers are inviting the public along.
- WATCH: Armed police arrest man 'with gun' in Sydenham
- Meet the Bagel Boss bringing snacks and protein to Woolwich
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- Health warning issued as heatwave set to continue in London