LOCAL action groups and residents fighting to preserve the nation’s greenbelt are set to meet at Biggin Hill next week.
The Green Party’s baroness Jenny Jones has agreed to talk at the event, where she’s set to voice her concerns about developments in areas some feel should be left alone.
The London Assembly member’s due to cover controversial subjects such as fracking, government planning framework, and the London Plan.
Representatives from residents associations, Friends of the Earth, Aperfield Green Belt Action Group and the Green Belt Protection Alliance, among others, are also going to get involved.
The meeting’s planned for Wednesday March 5 at 6pm, at the Squash Club on Jail Lane and organisers are inviting the public along.
- Man, 22, in hospital after 'assault' in Slade Green Road, Erith
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS choir sign film deal to tell story of success
- All you need to know about the Kent Police and Crime Commissioner elections
- Jeremy Hunt told off for 'fiddling' with phone as Lewisham MP Heidi Alexander speaks in debate
- Live news, traffic and weather updates for south-east London and north Kent