LOCAL action groups and residents fighting to preserve the nation’s greenbelt are set to meet at Biggin Hill next week.
The Green Party’s baroness Jenny Jones has agreed to talk at the event, where she’s set to voice her concerns about developments in areas some feel should be left alone.
The London Assembly member’s due to cover controversial subjects such as fracking, government planning framework, and the London Plan.
Representatives from residents associations, Friends of the Earth, Aperfield Green Belt Action Group and the Green Belt Protection Alliance, among others, are also going to get involved.
The meeting’s planned for Wednesday March 5 at 6pm, at the Squash Club on Jail Lane and organisers are inviting the public along.
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'
- First micropub opens in Gravesend
- Bexley woman appointed as Scouts' first ever youth commissioner