LOCAL action groups and residents fighting to preserve the nation’s greenbelt are set to meet at Biggin Hill next week.
The Green Party’s baroness Jenny Jones has agreed to talk at the event, where she’s set to voice her concerns about developments in areas some feel should be left alone.
The London Assembly member’s due to cover controversial subjects such as fracking, government planning framework, and the London Plan.
Representatives from residents associations, Friends of the Earth, Aperfield Green Belt Action Group and the Green Belt Protection Alliance, among others, are also going to get involved.
The meeting’s planned for Wednesday March 5 at 6pm, at the Squash Club on Jail Lane and organisers are inviting the public along.
- JAILED: Broadchurch TV actor and 'sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Boy hit by car in Bexleyheath town centre
- Alleged serial killer befriended victim's boyfriend in Facebook 'cover-up', court hears
- Go Jane! Beckenham woman in The Great British Bake Off final tonight