LOCAL action groups and residents fighting to preserve the nation’s greenbelt are set to meet at Biggin Hill next week.
The Green Party’s baroness Jenny Jones has agreed to talk at the event, where she’s set to voice her concerns about developments in areas some feel should be left alone.
The London Assembly member’s due to cover controversial subjects such as fracking, government planning framework, and the London Plan.
Representatives from residents associations, Friends of the Earth, Aperfield Green Belt Action Group and the Green Belt Protection Alliance, among others, are also going to get involved.
The meeting’s planned for Wednesday March 5 at 6pm, at the Squash Club on Jail Lane and organisers are inviting the public along.
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- UPDATE: Residents' concern as travellers pitch up on Winn's Common, Plumstead for over a week
- VIDEO: Take a tour of Abbey Wood's Elizabeth Line station
- Battle of the Somme 100th anniversary - send us your photos and stories of ancestors who fought
- Man, 19, arrested on suspicion of attempted theft in Greenhithe